Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What would you fix first??

Bookmark and Share
    Just joined the Steeler Addicts............been following for a while now.

OLine - it is actually not bad. Pouncey, Colon, DeCastro, Gilbert, Adams (Beacham, Foster, Legursky)

Just joined the Steeler Addicts............been following for a while now.

OLine - it is actually not bad. Pouncey, Colon, DeCastro, Gilbert, Starks, Adams (Beacham, Foster, Legursky)
    - I think we can look for best available project in the 5th to 7th round

RB - I really think our issue is not committing to one back and the play calling is not condusive to our running game. I am really torn on Mendenhall leaving. I am not opposed to Dwyer, Redman though. I'd like to see more 2 back sets with Rainey in the game......we need this kid in space after catching a screen pass.

WR - Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, 4th Rounder, FA pickup
    - I don't want to see Wallace go but can not see how he takes a discount and we can afford his silly request

TE - Paulson, 2FA pickups til Heath is back

QB - call me crazy but I would keep Old man batch as our number 3 and find a younger back up (I see a FA pickup this year)

DLine - drives me nuts......McLendon needs to start with Heyward and Kiesel. Hampton is gone, Hood is backup and we need a stud on the line. Either 1st or 2nd rounder

LB - Harrison (another year), Woodley, Timmons, Spence (Worilds, Foote for cheap one year deal, I really like Adrian Robinson and he may be backup to Worilds in 2014, Prob 1st or 2nd rounder depending on best available)

CB - Taylor, Lewis must be signed, C Allen, need a 1st to 3rd rounder here. Maybe C Brown as the Nickel??...maybe a FA

Safety - Polamalu, Clark, W Allen ( did very well when needed), Another early rounder

Guys that must go this year cause they are dead weight......Hampton, Mundy, Leftwich, Pope, Sylvester , B Johnson

We need about 5 picks in the first 3 rounds this year to shore up the ship.

Here is my Draft 1 through 7
    Round one - DL
    Round two - LB
    Round Three - CB
    Round four - WR
    Round five - CB
    Round six - WR
    Round seven - OL

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    NOBODY complained about Haley when we were 6-3... since then our WRs, RBs, QBs and QB have missed tons of games due to injury. Coincidence... i think not. While we haven't really been healthy all year, we were almost healthy at one point and the O was firing on all cylinders, we could run and pass. Injuries have taken their toll, this year it bit us and the franchise didn't have the talent behind them ready to go.

#Haleyisnttheproblem
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

What would you fix first??

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Haley uses bubble screens worse than Arians did.

Arians used to tip run or pass based on formation. But under Arians Ben went to two Pro Bowls, 2 Super Bowls, and threw 26 TD passes in 2009.

Under Haley the Steelers are no better than 8-8.

Haley makes Arians look like Einstein.
    It's Haley's 1st year as OC in Pittsburgh, were you expecting a undefeated season? I guess you want BA back too...

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted

What would you fix first??

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    NOBODY complained about Haley when we were 6-3... since then our WRs, RBs, QBs and QB have missed tons of games due to injury. Coincidence... i think not. While we haven't really been healthy all year, we were almost healthy at one point and the O was firing on all cylinders, we could run and pass. Injuries have taken their toll, this year it bit us and the franchise didn't have the talent behind them ready to go.

#Haleyisnttheproblem

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I guess you want BA back too...
    Over Haley? In a minute. Haley's micro-managing of the offense is what kills it.

Originally Posted by Zachintosh66
    NOBODY complained about Haley when we were 6-3
    Don't speak for me. Every board I post on I said it all year, you can't try and live on 3rd down all year. They had to stop forcing the bad run game and mix things up.

First off, Haley needs to go. The animosity between him and Ben was clear all season. Second, can we FINALLY DRAFT A CORNER in the first round or two? Every year I beg them to do it and they continue to not do so. I know the last two seasons we were number one against the pass, which I dont understand, but Ike is getting old, Keenan was okay, but Cortez was shakey at best and Curtis Brown is awful. Every time there seems to be a 3rd and passing situation, the other team always attacks our nickelback. Once Ike leaves we'll be doomed. DRAFT A CORNER

Starter
    First off, Haley needs to go. The animosity between him and Ben was clear all season.
    I don't agree here. If Ben has any animosity with ANYONE, it's Art II.

Cortez Allen IMO has a chance to be really good if he's allowed to play press coverage.

Ditto for Lewis.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    The animosity between him and Ben was clear all season.
    this is a joke... this is something the media wanted to happen. Players and coaches are not supposed to be buddy-buddy. Its a Player-Coach Relationship.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Steelers are set at corner as long as Lewis re-signs. That would give them 3 cover corners.
    Would like to see Spence play and see how he performs especially with his speed. Foote is a consummate pro, but I have to believe he will not be retained next season. Sly has done nothing, time to go. How could a guy who NEVER plays always be injured?

Realistically, Haley will be retained and I expect much improvement in the offense overall in 2013. One thing that no one has mentioned is I would like to see a change in phlosophy regarding Steelers conditioning. Way too many injuries and hammy's. These boys need to spend more time in the weight room and doing cardio, and probably most important - doing more stretching.

Thread Information