Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ben, the blessing and the curse

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Gotcha....and your right about him breaking eye contact. But I'm not sure it's possible to maintain when Mike Adams and others allow their man to get at Ben untouched.....on a routine basis.

This is the point I made earlier. Our O line does not protect a "pocket" it is pure chaos upon the snap.
    Same thing in Green Bay... but they have a quick read, quick release, pinpoint accurate QB. That's how GB/Rodgers deals with a bad Oline, and complete lack of a running game. Ben is different, he deals with it by being a monster who can't be brought down, and can create offense with his strength and "back yard" skills.

Which skill set would you prefer?

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Same thing in Green Bay... but they have a quick read, quick release, pinpoint accurate QB. That's how GB/Rodgers deals with a bad Oline, and complete lack of a running game. Ben is different, he deals with it by being a monster who can't be brought down, and can create offense with his strength and "back yard" skills.

Which skill set would you prefer?
    Is this the chicken and egg issue? Does Ben resort to playground skills because he wants to? Or does he resort to this because our OC's haven't been able to develop a game plan which allows Ben to do the quick read, quick release, move the ball, offense? Especially, when you figure that we have a history, and some talent, at the running game.

To get the separation the WR's need, we need to make the defense unsure of whether to stick to the WR like glue, or to keep the run, draw, sweep, type plays in the back of their mind. We don't do that well.

Think about this.........if you were a defensive player and your ONLY job was to prevent the pass (no run responsibility) you could be very good at it..........we give our opponent that freedom because we have nothing in our offensive arsenal to keep them honest.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Assistant Coach

Ben, the blessing and the curse

Yes, because he wants to. He's states it himself numerous times
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Banned
    Same thing in Green Bay... but they have a quick read, quick release, pinpoint accurate QB. That's how GB/Rodgers deals with a bad Oline, and complete lack of a running game
    In 2011 Ben was sacked 40 times in 512 official drop backs in 15 games.

In 2012 the "quick read, quick release, pinpoint accurate QB" Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 46 times in 513 official drop backs in 15 games.

Does Rodgers' game need "tweaked"? Maybe the Packers can find their own golf coach to hire next season.

Rodgers has always been pretty easy to sack, the only difference between he and Ben is they VALUE Rodgers more.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    In 2011 Ben was sacked 40 times in 512 official drop backs in 15 games.

In 2012 the "quick read, quick release, pinpoint accurate QB" Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 46 times in 513 official drop backs in 15 games.

Does Rodgers' game need "tweaked"? Maybe the Packers can find their own golf coach to hire next season.

Rodgers has always been pretty easy to sack, the only difference between he and Ben is they VALUE Rodgers more.
    I guess this makes sense in your brain

I mean the amount of "stupid" you've cobbled together in this world salad is truly remarkable

Banned
    I guess this makes sense in your brain

I mean the amount of "stupid" you've cobbled together in this world salad is truly remarkable
    Translation: Crash just handed me my ***.

The whole notion that all Rodgers does is sit in the pocket and fire bullets all day is laughable. He plays just as much, if not more at times, "play ground football", than Ben does.

Assistant Coach

The whole notion that all Rodgers does is sit in the pocket and fire bullets all day is laughable. He plays just as much, if not more at times, "play ground football", than Ben does.
    Yes, your ability to look up sack statistics was an Handing of the ***, the like of which we've never seen!

Banned

That's exactly what you did. Hand his dumb *** to him. That's what most people on this forum do. They school his ESPN-sportscenter-regurgitating ***, and he fires back with what he thinks is a crafty insult. He's the quintessential "I'll attempt to conceal my stupidity with articulate sentences" kind of guy.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    That's exactly what you did. Hand his dumb *** to him. That's what most people on this forum do. They school his ESPN-sportscenter-regurgitating ***, and he fires back with what he thinks is a crafty insult. He's the quintessential "I'll attempt to conceal my stupidity with articulate sentences" kind of guy.
    I'm not surprised that you two would tie yourselves together.

You guys and your *** handing... so silly

Banned
    Why don't you man up and just admit you don't like Roethlisberger. Sure, you'll get hammered by people in this forum, but it's better than hiding your criticisms within BS compliments like the title of this thread. Stand up for what you believe and take the heat rather than making chicken $hit swipes like "Ben is an elite QB, but he isn't an elite passer." "He's incapable of quick reads and passes, and he doesn't have elite accuracy, but he's great at backyard football." Basically, you think Roethlisberger is a big doofy brute that can withstand hits and stay on his feet long enough to make a lucky throw. Your "compliment" is as insulting as just coming right out and saying that he isn't a good quarterback.

What I find interesting is that Backyard Boy has a higher career passer rating than Joe Montana, and his Cmp percentage, TD and INT percentages are all nearly identical to Montana's. Maybe Montana was just a backyard QB as well. Then again, those stats are all meaningless because ESPN's QBR is all that matters.

Thread Information