Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben, the blessing and the curse

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I dont think Ben is elite. I think he is a pretty good QB. Im not hating on Ben or anything, not putting him down or whatnot. To me, he is a good qb. Not elite in my opinion. Ill get some **** for this, but it is only my opinion. If people think that he is elite, I wouldnt argue with that either.
    This^

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    By all means, let's look at it:

Game #1: 14 of 19 for 208 yards and 3 TDs.

Game #2: 14 OF 24 for 197 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick.

Game #3: 21 of 29 for 275 yards, 3 TDs.

Game #4: 9 of 23 for 123 yards, 2 picks.

He also added 2 rushing TDs.

Bailed him out? So the way he started that game on their first two drives didn't happen either?

9 years in the league, Peyton Manning made the playoffs 7 times, seven playoff wins.

9 years in the league, Ben Roethlisberger made the playoffs 6 times, ten playoffs wins.

Who's better after 9 years. Who performed better in post season?

And the defense pissed away 4th quarter leads at Denver, at Oakland, and at Tennessee, remember that.

This defense looks great when the offense controls the clock. When they offense doesn't? Not so much.

So CHARLIE won the Ravens game but BEN is carried by the defense? That makes sense. If Harrison didn't sack Flacco we lose. The STORY of that game then would have been Batch missing a WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIDE open Mike Wallace in the endzone, and an absolute **** throw to Heath Miller in the end zone that was picked.

But I forget, Charlie's from Pittsburgh so he gets more credit than the eveil cretin from Ohio.
    Hey, I put my opinion out there. I dont think Ben is elite. That is my opinion and Im sure there are thousands upon thousands of steeler fans that think the same. As I am sure there are thousands upon thousands of steeler fans who think he is elite. Thats my take on him. All I know is that I wont be watching the steelers in the postseason this year when they had chance upon chance upon chance to get atleast a wildcard spot the last 3 weeks and didnt do so. Ben threw the game ending int that lead to the cowboys scoring 3 off it to win in overtime this season and he threw another int to the bengals which cashed in 3 points to win the game also. You can blame Haley all you want, the final decision maker is the QB. Also, the defense shouldnt be blamed for the Cinci loss anyway, they played there asses off all game to only give up 6 points.

Like I said, it is my opinion and Im not going to put up stats blah blah blah to change yours. Thats what your opinion is for.

Banned
    . ti.so, the defense shouldnt be blamed for the Cinci loss anyway, they played there asses off all game to only give up 6 points.
    And Ben threw 4 TDs no picks and they lost to Oakland.

Funny how that game doesn't get mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And Ben threw 4 TDs no picks and they lost to Oakland.

Funny how that game doesn't get mentioned.
    I think the defense played a lot better than the offense as a group this season. Sorry to **** in your cereal. You can say the offense had injuries, well the defense had inuries also this season. Just saying.

Banned
    The defense is overrated. They blow too many 4th quarter leads. When the offense keeps them off the field they look great. Always has been.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben is a TOP 5 QB the problem with Ben is that he needs yes people like Arians around him, and when he doesn't get his way he becomes a Diva plain and simple,up until the Kansas City game this year, Ben TD to INT rate was the best of his career, IMO the problem has been Todd Haley yelling at Ben when he throws an INT or take a sack unnecessary it's been happening since week one in Denver, and recently Ben making the statements he did after the Dallas game, so until something/someone gives we are gonna have to deal with this type of BS we have dealt with this year,this is a great time for Dan R to put his foot down and make some long over due change to get this ship righted...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think the defense played a lot better than the offense as a group this season. Sorry to **** in your cereal. You can say the offense had injuries, well the defense had inuries also this season. Just saying.
    The defense played better in the 2nd half of the season.......The offense was better in the first half.......Both the offense and defense sucked at times this year......The special teams well they're just special ed besides Suisham making field goals.....

Banned
    Haley hasn't hardly yelled at Ben during games at all. Simply not accurate.

The blowups just haven't been there. Sorry.

Banned
    Hey, I put my opinion out there. I dont think Ben is elite.
    Then you can't think Peyton is elite if your opinion is to be taken seriously.

Sorry.

Banned
    I dont think Ben is elite. I think he is a pretty good QB. Im not hating on Ben or anything, not putting him down or whatnot. To me, he is a good qb. Not elite in my opinion. Ill get some **** for this, but it is only my opinion. If people think that he is elite, I wouldnt argue with that either.
    Sometimes opinions don't make a lot of sense and are based on no factual evidence of any sort, which is why they are opinions in the first place.

Roethlisberger is ranked 9th all time in passer rating. Not a single quarterback on that list is a "fluke," and neither is Roethlisberger. He's elite whether you think so or not.

This entire thread is pretty idiotic. Neil doesn't want to admit that he's one of these ESPN highlight fans, and quite frankly, Roethlisberger doesn't make the highlight reel often because the Steelers offense is usually boring as f#%k. However, that doesn't change the fact that Roethlisberger plays nearly perfect in the system he's forced to play in, nor does that mean he wouldn't play nearly perfect in a system that is high-scoring if given the opportunity.

For someone to say that "he isn't an elite passer, but a riverboat gambler" is just dumb. It's not based on any stats. It's purely the personal opinion of someone who devalues a player's skills based on his lack of highlight footage.

Thread Information