Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will any or all of these players be cut?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Dude you think whatever you want about Hines...no one said Hines is fast but he doesn't drop passes.
    Hines dropped plenty of passes from 2008-2011. Once he became a member of Camp Wednesday his attention to detail, and his hands were an issue.

Starter
    i spent, just like the rest of you, an inordinate amount of tyme yelling at the tv as wallace dropped pass after pass, or his cohorts stumbled, bumbled and fumbled away opportunities...

anyone have any idea if collectively, these drops, fumbles etc, would have dramatically changed our season? i think they would have...

Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    i spent, just like the rest of you, an inordinate amount of tyme yelling at the tv as wallace dropped pass after pass, or his cohorts stumbled, bumbled and fumbled away opportunities...

anyone have any idea if collectively, these drops, fumbles etc, would have dramatically changed our season? i think they would have...
    Wallace's fumble in the Ravens loss led directly to a FG which was the difference in the final score. That's another possible win.

Antonio Brown's special teams fumble gave the Cowboys the ball back and let them tie the game up. That's a strong case for another win.

8 fumbles against Cleveland let a crappy Browns team steal a game. Five of them were by running backs but you get my drift.

Ben threw a crucial pick 6 this week against the Bungles and another game sealing pick that let Cincy get the ball back to kick the GW FG. Ben also had the ball in his hands with a chance to drive for a winning score down 24-19 to the Broncos in week 1. Pick 6 blew that one open and sealed it.

They lost the turnover battle 2-1 in the loss at Oakland and 2-0 against San Diego.

The sad reality is that if they played up to their talent level, they could be in the thick of things for a bye in the AFC.

How about Tomlin TWICE this year asking Suisham to kick a FG from a ridiculous distance only to see him fail (Tennessee, Cincy). You'd have thought he'd learn his lesson from the Tennessee game but nope. No one learned a thing at all this year.
    Host of Power Pregame and Panther Primer on TribLive Radio
    Contributing Writer for Pittsburgh Sporting News
    Owner of "The Voice Says...." Blog
    Follow me on Twitter: @SteelCityVoice
    "Like" My Sports Page on Facebook

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Will any or all of these players be cut?

Sushi's career long is 52yds if im not mistaken. I think the fg attempt late vs the Bengals was 53yds. Tomlin didnt have faith in his offenseto convert the 4th and manageable. The defense was playing solid and had forced a few turnovers. Unfortunately, the turnovers didnt occur deep in the Bengals territory, so they were effectively 'punt like turnovers'. Im not really mad at Tomlin for attempting the fg. Sushi's been one of very few constants all season. Asking him to kick 1-2yds beyond his career high in a big game with playoff implications is completely understandable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Will any or all of these players be cut?

Should punted and tried to pin them deep and hope the defense could force something.. No way in hell do you kick the FG attempt!

As huge of a Hines Ward fan I am, I gotta say it was time. He's made plenty of clutch catches in traffic but his speed, which was never great, was just terrible. His last couple of years, he only seemed to get receptions when Ben would scramble and coverage would break down. Otherwise, he couldn't get open very often.

As for other guys...No way Ike is cut. We need him and Lewis...and Lewis might be gone in free agency. I believe Hampton might stay another year. He may not have been great, but I felt like he played better this year than the last two. I doubt Kiesel is gone either.

Rookie Free Agent
    Hines Ward had more toughness in his pinky then the entire Young Money crew combined! Steelers should have kept him another year.

Now they have a bunch of guys that are scared to death to go across the middle after they got popped once or twice. These fumbles werent just a fluke thing...other teams had these guys rattled.

My Mood
    Patriotic
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    No way Ike will (or should) be gone. He is the best CB on the roster and you need at least three good ones to keep up with the throw happy teams these days.
    I agree they don't let Taylor go. He is a top flight CB in this league. Burress, Mendenhall, Wallace, Mundy, & Legursky are toss ups.

Thread Information