Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will any or all of these players be cut?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Will any or all of these players be cut?

I think any or all of the following could be gone next year:

Foote, Hampton, Burress, Mendenhall, Wallace, Keisel, Troy, Mundy, Legursky, and Ike.

Pretty exciting seeing Cortez Allen getting experience and actually holding on to interceptions.

Thoughts?

C-town

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Foote, Hampton, Burress, Mendenhall, Wallace, Keisel, Troy, Mundy, Legursky, and Ike.

Pretty exciting seeing Cortez Allen getting experience and actually holding on to interceptions.

Thoughts?

C-town
    No way Ike will (or should) be gone. He is the best CB on the roster and you need at least three good ones to keep up with the throw happy teams these days.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach
    Foote, Hampton, Burress, Mendenhall, Wallace, Legursky, Mundy, are Free Agents...

Troy has a 10 mil cap hit, cutting hit would create close to 5 million in cap space... (with around 5 mil in dead money)

Keisel has an affordable 4.5 cap, cutting him would save around 3.... not sure why we'd do that since he showed this year that he's got plenty of game left.

Cutting Ike would save around 2.5 in cap space... not sure it's worth it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Foote, Hampton, Burress, Mendenhall, Wallace, Legursky, Mundy, are Free Agents...

Troy has a 10 mil cap hit, cutting hit would create close to 5 million in cap space... (with around 5 mil in dead money)

Keisel has an affordable 4.5 cap, cutting him would save around 3.... not sure why we'd do that since he showed this year that he's got plenty of game left.

Cutting Ike would save around 2.5 in cap space... not sure it's worth it
    Add Ben to that list.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Add Ben to that list.
    riiight *rolls eyes*
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    If you think they're going to cut any of those long time vets you are out of your mind. The Steelers don't operate that way. I was more shocked than I'd ever been to see them cut Ward.

Again, like I've been saying for years, the NFL salary cap is a joke. You can restructure any big contracts we have and significantly lessen their cap hit. People say, that's just pushing the problem to next year... Guess what? Restructure again lol.

Rookie Free Agent
    Kenaan Lewis is a free agent. If the Steelers don't resign him they lost their marbles.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Thoughts?

C-town
    I think Ike, Troy, Foote and Kiesel will still be here. I don't think they sign Wallace. Mendy gone, along with Burress, Legs, Mundy and Hamp. Time for McLendon to take over NT and Allen is better than Mundy.
    Gumbands

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    If you think they're going to cut any of those long time vets you are out of your mind. The Steelers don't operate that way. I was more shocked than I'd ever been to see them cut Ward.
    I'll get my *** kicked here for saying this but here goes. Cutting Ward was one of the single worst calls the Steelers made this season. How many dropped passes did we see in clutch situations this year when a 1st down would have kept a drive alive? Miller did a great job in those clutch plays.....but with Ward we also lost serious fire and leadership. Two things that this ****** team has lacked all year.

Thread Information