Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-3 Anyone??

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Sacks are right up there with TOP for most overrated stats.

Points against is the stat that really matters for a D.
    you missed the context

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

Disagree. Sacks are important because a lot of sacks translates into even more pressures. When we were top 3 in sacks every year, don't remember anyone saying the stat was overrated then.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    We're the #1 defense in the league so could you explain how going to a 4-3 D improves on that ?
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Woodley would not play OLB in a 4-3
    Timmons would be a better fit at WLB in a 4-3 (think Derrick Brooks)
    We would need to draft someone for the middle

WLB - Timmons
    MLB - XXXX
    SLB - Spence/Sylvester

DE - Woodley
    DE - XXXX/Worrilds
    DT - Hood
    DT - McClendon/Heyward/Taamu
    This right here ... and 4-3 LBs aren't as coveted as pass rushing 3-4 ... so you can get one in RD2 or RD3 much easier ... Think Author Brown from Kansas State in round 3 ...

Or depending where we end up draft pick wise ... giving up a 3rd to secure Te'o is much easier then ... because you don't have OLB and ILB a need ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    We're the #1 defense in the league so could you explain how going to a 4-3 D improves on that ?
    situational football is more important than the overall generic stats your using

How many games were lost where the Steelers were leading or tied in the 4th quarter?

Being unable to generate consistent pressure from a 4 man rush is a major achilles's heel in the 4th quarter

Look at what Cinci's front 4 did in the 4th quarter... lets do that. lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    This right here ... and 4-3 LBs aren't as coveted as pass rushing 3-4 ... so you can get one in RD2 or RD3 much easier ... Think Author Brown from Kansas State in round 3 ...

Or depending where we end up draft pick wise ... giving up a 3rd to secure Te'o is much easier then ... because you don't have OLB and ILB a need ...
    moving to a 4-3 would also bring some of the high end DT prospects into the picture in the 1st round (Hankins... DROOOOL)

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    The fraudulent #1 in Yards a game , means nothing ... because I'm pretty sure we dominate Time of Possession on Offense

Just by watching games the Steelers D is absolutely not #1 D ... I would easily take the 49ers D or Seahawks D ... don't get me wrong the Steelers D is good though

But Just looking at what Tomlin came from ... and his drafts have made more sense for a 4-3 Team ... is why I'm saying this

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    moving to a 4-3 would also bring some of the high end DT prospects into the picture in the 1st round (Hankins... DROOOOL)
    It would Definitely put your boy Dion Jordan much more in the picture too ... as well as Ziggy Ansuh (maybe spelling error)

Starter

So when the offense holds the ball for 6 minutes to start a game the defense gets the credit?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    The fraudulent #1 in Yards a game , means nothing ... because I'm pretty sure we dominate Time of Possession on Offense

Just by watching games the Steelers D is absolutely not #1 D ... I would easily take the 49ers D or Seahawks D ... don't get me wrong the Steelers D is good though

But Just looking at what Tomlin came from ... and his drafts have made more sense for a 4-3 Team ... is why I'm saying this
    I agree. I would love to have a 49ers or Seahawks defense that plays with speed, pressure, attacking, and hard hitting.

Thread Information