Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do YOU want DL back?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Im not going to get into the whole arguement about LeBeau here, but this statement is completely inaccurate. If that play was run the way LeBeau intended, it would've been an Arizona touchdown. James Harrison created that pick six. He was supposed to blitz on that play, he didn't and dropped back because he was smart.
    I know that. I was hoping that Crush would bring that up because his big argument is that LeBeau does not BLITZ ENOUGH. On a play where Harrison was supposed to blitz, he did not, and a TD ensued. The point is that you cannot and should not be a blitz/press coverage team all the time. You have to mix it up. Blitzes work best when the offenses do not know when they are coming. Likewise, success occurs when they EXPECT you to blitz and you do not. This is what happened on Harrison's play.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    But the thing is we don't mix it up. We basically have one blitz that doesn't involve Troy calling his own shots.

The ILB cross middle stunt. And that's it.

You watch games of the 1994 Steelers when Dom Capers ran it, and compare it to Dick LeBeau since he returned in 2004?

It's not even close.

Do YOU want DL back?

Dick tells players he'll be back...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Oh goodie.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    But the thing is we don't mix it up. We basically have one blitz that doesn't involve Troy calling his own shots.

The ILB cross middle stunt. And that's it.

You watch games of the 1994 Steelers when Dom Capers ran it, and compare it to Dick LeBeau since he returned in 2004?

It's not even close.
    An interesting statement since Harrison and Woodley have historically gotten most of our sacks. Neither are ILBs.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Fine
    Time for Keith Butler to show us his vision.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    An interesting statement since Harrison and Woodley have historically gotten most of our sacks. Neither are ILBs.
    And they aren't blitzers. They are pass rushing OLBs.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And they aren't blitzers. They are pass rushing OLBs.
    Wrong. Whenever two or more linebackers/DBs (along with the three linemen) rush the QB in a 3-4 alignment it is a "blitz." And we both know that not all of their sacks come when they are the only rushing LB. In fact, it is usually the opposite.

Banned
    The majority of their sacks by Woodley or Harrison is when they rush one of them, and 3 linemen.

Very rarely do Harrison and Woodley rush together.

The defense is figured out. Palmer said it, Rivers said it.

They both sucked all season, and LeBeau's "scheme" made them look like Hall of Famers.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The majority of their sacks by Woodley or Harrison is when they rush one of them, and 3 linemen.

Very rarely do Harrison and Woodley rush together.

The defense is figured out. Palmer said it, Rivers said it.

They both sucked all season, and LeBeau's "scheme" made them look like Hall of Famers.
    Sigh. But how often do Harrison and Foote or Harrison and Timmons rush together? How often do Woodley and Foote or Woodley and Timmons rush together? Just like the countless other perceptions you have put forth that have been completely wrong, this is another in a long line.

Do you have quotes from Rivers or Palmer that Lebeau's D was "figured out?' Why didn't Eli, Flacco (twice), Andy Dalton (twice), RGII, and a bunch of other QBs ever figure it out this year? These teams should be consistently putting 30 up on us. You are completely removed from reality. For Pete's sake, in another thread you complained about the Steelers D against the Bengals when it gave up 6 points.

Thread Information