Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do YOU want DL back?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Dick LeBeau is a true legend of the game but nobody lasts forever.......I think its way past time for him to go......People will bring up the fact about the number 1 defense but I think we all know this is far from one of the best Steelers defenses.......Plus a fresh perspective could do some good.....BA was forced out so its time to force the old man out to.....
    Hey Dick,

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Yeesh.

Harrison not himself for most of season because of injury.
    Troy not himself (or completely absent) until yesterday because of injury.
    Woodley out for hunk of season because of injury.

(The above three being our biggest playmakers.)

Ike misses last quarter of season due to injury.

Although I agree that we were not the best "D" as such a ranking would suggest, they were solid (top 10) especially after the first 5 games or so. When you play close games all year because of a sh!tty offense, you have many more opportunities to give up the lead. If our offense played as "sh!tty" as our D did this season, we would be at least 12-4 and fighting for a first round bye.

DL did everything he could with what he was given. I mean seriously? He should have used press coverage against the Cowboys with Josh Victorian and Robert Freakin' Golden? Romo would have put 60 up on us.
    Press coverage looked pretty damn good the last few minutes when the cowboys could have won the game then. Thats all Im going to say. He should have tried it earlier, what the difference if they give up a big play or they play a cushion to where it adds up in 3 passes to a big play? Nothing.

We need to rotate out the injury prone before they get hurt or replace them with more durable players, good or bad... missing more than 3 games a year isnt helping anyone.. this team never got into sync... OFF or DEF

Draft Pick
    Id like to see them dump everybody just hand out pink slips with their candy canes. Haley first

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    No, go away.

Don't want Butler either. The defense needs a new voice.

If Tomlin is allowed to make this hire? IMO it will be Raheem Morris.
    He won't. Butler will get the job. It's the ONLY reason he has stuck around the last several years when Whisenhunt was trying to poach him to be the Cardinals' DC.
    Last edited by steelers75; 12-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Press coverage looked pretty damn good the last few minutes when the cowboys could have won the game then. Thats all Im going to say. He should have tried it earlier, what the difference if they give up a big play or they play a cushion to where it adds up in 3 passes to a big play? Nothing.
    You can get away with it for a drive or two but once the OC makes the adjustment to the Steelers doing press coverage, they would have been toast. I believe any DC in the league would have played it the same way (obviously no way to prove this).
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I often question the elder statesman but let's be honest.......We had the number one defense in the league. Granted, stats are like sex with a fat woman but the number 1 defense doesn't lie. It's a damn good defense! I think it needs tweaked, but DL is the God of defense and while he continues to generate the best D in the league, I don't want someone who gives us a middle of the pack D!

Get a new OC or have this OC generate some creativity and the D is fine!

i think the first half the Def was crap, the second half the offense went into the toilet...

The swing was a bit of the Troy swing and then the injured Ben swing.. He still cant throw real well. hes acting like hes 100% he looks like 70%

Starter
    #1 defense my ***. They spent the least amount of time on the field and they are #8 in points against.

Imagine where they'd be if the offense didn't hold the ball so much prior to Ben getting hurt.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Yeesh.

Harrison not himself for most of season because of injury.
    Troy not himself (or completely absent) until yesterday because of injury.
    Woodley out for hunk of season because of injury.

(The above three being our biggest playmakers.)

Ike misses last quarter of season due to injury.

Although I agree that we were not the best "D" as such a ranking would suggest, they were solid (top 10) especially after the first 5 games or so. When you play close games all year because of a sh!tty offense, you have many more opportunities to give up the lead. If our offense played as "sh!tty" as our D did this season, we would be at least 12-4 and fighting for a first round bye.

DL did everything he could with what he was given. I mean seriously? He should have used press coverage against the Cowboys with Josh Victorian and Robert Freakin' Golden? Romo would have put 60 up on us.
    This.

Who the hell could have done any better, given the players that were in place and the injuries they sustained?

Thread Information