Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do YOU want DL back?

Bookmark and Share

Do YOU want DL back?

I say no. I am ready to move on, I think this defense is going to be going into the youth movement here in the next season or 2 anyway. I know DL has had the number 1 defense this season, but it was more of a deceptive #1 defense. There were times where the defense looked great like yesterday but then there were so many times it frustrated the hell out of us like the Raiders game.

The lack of turnovers and sack/splash plays this season is what the defense didnt prove enough of. The lack of playing press coverage most of the season until last week in dallas when there were 2 miutes left and again, the game against the Bengals.

I am thankful for everything DL has done with this team, I really am. Im just ready to move on and see what the future of the defense is going to be without him.

The excuse is, well it takes 2 years to learn the system. Well in todays pass happy league, we need the young guys in the to make a difference even if they struggle a little bit. Im not sure of any other team who doesnt sit there rookies (1st or 2nd round picks) as much as the steelers do. This falls on DL and Tomlin.
    Last edited by steelchamp204; 12-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Dick LeBeau is a true legend of the game but nobody lasts forever.......I think its way past time for him to go......People will bring up the fact about the number 1 defense but I think we all know this is far from one of the best Steelers defenses.......Plus a fresh perspective could do some good.....BA was forced out so its time to force the old man out to.....

My Mood
    Frustrated

Do YOU want DL back?

I never thought I would say this but I just think its time to move on and bring in a younger coach to start a new era of Steelers defense. Dick is a legend and will always be but like others have said, he can't coach forever

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Rookie Free Agent
    No. His stats may be great but at the end of the day wins and losses count more then stats. He has not shown that he is willing to adjust and put his players in the best position to help the team. He has become predictable and other teams know it, they exploit it, and we lose.

My Mood
    Mellow
    The Question is rhetorical he is gone after this season.......One of the Greatest "DC" of all time but he has past his Prime.....

Banned
    No, go away.

Don't want Butler either. The defense needs a new voice.

If Tomlin is allowed to make this hire? IMO it will be Raheem Morris.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Woot

My Social Networks

Follow Rhys Lightning 63 On Twitter
    This isn't a player we are talking about here, there is no maximum age for a coach to stay in the game, he is at no rick because of the game, he could keep going up until the day he dies

Banned
    Thats what I'm afraid of. LEBEAU himself is afraid to quit. He doesn't want to be Bear Bryant or Joe Paterno.

This phony "#1 ranking" is what he can say to justify staying. Tomlin nor Rooney will fire him, that's bad PR.

LeBeau has them over a barrel.

Assistant Coach
    it's time to retire...

Starter
    i dont know, too many injuries on the defense really cost us....

Thread Information