Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Pittsburgh Hate Star QBs?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Why Does Pittsburgh Hate Star QBs?

Seriously, why does Pittsburgh hate our own star QBs? Ben has been getting it bad for the past two weeks over a bad throw in Dallas in OT and a bad game against the Bengals, but he's clearly no where close to being the Steelers' biggest problem. Oh, and Terry Bradshaw - the guy who won four super bowls - he got it worse than Ben even has from the fan base.

Is this actually how Pittsburgh feels, or is it just a vocal, crackpot minority? Do fans just want a team that's all about running and defense? Yinzer nation never realized how good Bradshaw was until after he left, and it looks like they'll never appreciate Ben until after he retires. Granted, many of the posters on this forum seem much more rational about Ben. Go to other Steelers forums or listen to the talk shows on the radio and the Ben bashing is relentless to the point where it's not about two bad games, but rather complete and utter hatred. Also, if it came between keeping Ben and Haley, Ben has to go and the OC that never won anything should stay, according to the angry crowd in Pittsburgh.

Starter
    Yep, that's how silly the fan base is.

I was leaving the first Chargers game in 2008, some 60 year old geezer was bashing Ben the entire way out and he yells "Rivers is TWICE the QB Roethlisberger is".

Btw, Ben had 300 yards that day, Rivers had three turnovers.

Ben will always be the guy who got away with rape.

Just like Kordell will always be the guy who was blowing guys in public parks.

Funny though, Charlie Batch has remained a hero since day one. Despite HIS past allegations.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    most americans are retarded, americans dont see this but other countries do.

just remember this.

that is why unemployment rates are so high, if pittsburgh bashes its own elite qb.

they dont win them every season.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Yes, Ben did not play well the past 2 weeks or for that matter, since coming back from injury. But to bash him is a little over the top. he is an elite QB who has bailed this team out of more than one meltdown since he has been here. I mean this, not just because I am a Steelers fan, but there is not one QB I would take over Ben.

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. In Ben's case, for every one bad, there are about 10 good. Lighten up people. If we're lucky, we'll only have Ben for about another 6-8 years - and then what?

Starter
    I don't see Ben extending if they want to continue playing this way, I just don't.

Ben is the ultimate competitor and this offense turns him into Trent Dilfer until the last two minutes of a half or game.

You can't win like that anymore. Roger Goodell's NFL means you MUST score points. You must value offense, and you must value scoring.

This slow, plodding, baby crawl mentality of Art II was doomed from the start.

We'll see if he's man enough to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    most americans are retarded, americans dont see this but other countries do.

just remember this.

that is why unemployment rates are so high, if pittsburgh bashes its own elite qb.

they dont win them every season.
    hey, easy with the country bashing eh? Thanks.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If someone doesn't like America, they are free to leave. No one is holding them hostage here.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    I would take ben over most any qb out there right now.. hes human! Every qb throws picks and has bad games...i dont hold that against him. Rivers is an arrogant prick hes not better than ben sorry.. if it came down to ben or haley bye haley he hasn't proven anything nor do i think he will

My Mood
    Addicted
    Just for the record, Philip rivers is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He does talk talk trash on the field which you can take it or leave it. But I used to be one of his RAs at nc state. He was a model student and citizen. A great family man as well.

It doesn't matter if you ever like him or not but his football persona is the exact opposite of who he is in real life.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Draft Pick
    I also think some of the Ben hate this season comes from the fact Art Rooney II wanted Todd Haley. If you blame Haley for bad play calling and for building an offense that doesn't fit the personnel, then you're also blaming Art Rooney II - huge no no in this town. Gotta rip into the QB as hard and as loudly as possible to protect the owner's image.

Thread Information