Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do YOU want DL back?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Do YOU want DL back?

Def bring DL back. Db play has been commendable given the injuries. It would be nice if the guys up front played better. I think DL does a great job with scheming but players still have to execute.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Although the Steelers D being ranked #1 seems a little skewed, they were still a great D this year...and that's without creating a lot of turnovers. It's not Coach Dad's fault if the players can't cause turnovers. As much as I feel he should retire, I'm not ready to throw him out like trash.

If the offense didn't have one of the worst lines in the NFL again this year, the Steelers would be winning the division and playing for the #1 seed. If we can avoid injuries and get the young linemen playing better, the offense would be able to put up 30+ points a game. We would be able to pass and RUN. If the offense played this year the way they can we would be like 13-3.

If Dick decides to retire, I want to see a 4-3 put in place. I'm just afraid any changes that come from Dick retiring will put the team in rebuilding mode for a couple of seasons and pretty much waste the talents we have on offense, especially Ben.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And how many drives has their defense had to start on their side of the field all year because of Romo's turnovers?

Our defense the last two years doesn't make enough plays. One game shouldn't cloud the judgement.

Aren't you sick of watching high draft picks sit for three years because the scheme is allegedly too hard?

It wasn't too hard for Deion Figures in 1993, or Chad Brown. Or Brentson Buckner in 1994, or Jason Gildon when CAPERS (see the pattern) was our DC.

It's not the scheme, it's the mindset of LeBeau that holds these players back.
    If it is because of Romo, then they should be giving up fewer yards than us. A 20 yard drive is still less than an 80, correct? And did you watch any of our games? Eight freakin' fumbles in one game?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And how many drives has their defense had to start on their side of the field all year because of Romo's turnovers?
    2012 Steeler Turnovers: INT-14, Fumbles Lost-16, Total-30
    2012 Cowboy Turnovers: INT-16, Fumbles Lost-10, Total 26

The truth is that our offense put the D in a ton of bad situations this year. Our two top backs do not have 1000 yard combined. Last year, we had two WRs with more than 1100 yards each. This year, neither will reach 1000.

In a game that was supposed to be such a poor effort, we held a very good offense to 24 points in regulation with future Piggly Wiggly employees, Josh Victorian and Robert Freakin' Golden as DBs. That we even had a chance to win is a miracle.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Although the Steelers D being ranked #1 seems a little skewed, they were still a great D this year...and that's without creating a lot of turnovers. It's not Coach Dad's fault if the players can't cause turnovers. As much as I feel he should retire, I'm not ready to throw him out like trash.
    Exactly. Some seem to think that bringing a Ryan brother or someone else coaching a mediocre D will make Ike able to catch and Harrison, Troy, and Woodley stay healthy. It is no coincidence that the game where we had Troy, James, and Woodley all relatively healthy we were able to sack and create turnovers.

Banned
    The truth is that our offense put the D in a ton of bad situations this year.
    That's laughable. We had 15 forced turnovers after 14 games.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's BEEN time for him to be LONG GONE,hell NO i don't want him back, and i don't want Keith Butler either if he's not gonna simplify this defense and disguise the coverage's...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    That's laughable. We had 15 forced turnovers after 14 games.
    Again, our top three playmakers were either out or ineffective for most of the year because of injury. What' s "laughable" is you submitting Dallas as the model D and when it is pointed out that they gave up a ton more yards and points, you blame Romo and his turnovers for giving their D poor field position. Then, when it is pointed out that the Steelers turned it over more than the Dallas offense, it does not matter anymore. At least make an attempt at a consistent and coherent argument.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    For all of those ready to show DL the door, one question. Who should replace him? Keep in mind that the proven DCs coaching the best defenses will almost definitely not A) make a lateral move as they are HC candidates and B) leave their lower ranked but supposedly better Ds for a supposedly old and crappy D. In other words, we would be stuck with an unproven commodity instead of someone considered by most front office types as one of the best around. I am thankful the Rooneys are smarter than that.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I don't believe there's any deception in our #1 ranking. The games the D let us down you have to look at the injuries we had. The coaches may not be able to use injury as an excuse but the reality is the Steelers were decimated this year on both sides of the ball.

To answer the question, yes I want DL to return.
    I've been on the fence post all year long about Lebeau, but when it comes down it the defense this year was more worthy of their number 1 ranking than last year that is for sure.

The secondary was much better all year long, which was huge for us considering the pass rush was non existent all too often. I credit Carnell Lake for that but also Lebeau for figuring out ways to keep the front 7 at least able to do something.

I like the middle linebacking play this season overall but the pass rush was just terrible. I mean seriously when you rely on the OLB's for your sacks and neither one could break double digits, that's just pathetic.

We can dive into all that more in the offseason now but as for Lebeau, if he does not return it will be Keith Butler. They've been keeping him around for a reason and I'd be shocked if he isn't the successor. I've heard people talk that Butler is more aggressive than Lebeau is, so even if he was trained by DL he's got a young fresh mind with new ideas which could be real good.

Thread Information