Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Do YOU want DL back?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Ben won't be gone, but I'm starting to wonder if being right is more important to the Steelers than winning.
    That has always been a serious issue with this team. That's why the team let Burress and Holmes go for a basket of $hit.

My Mood
    Addicted
    20 plus years of the same scheme it's just time to move on, like we did with BA last year,DL WAS great but now it's time to turn the page and bring in some new fresh blood,we need simple schemes so we can get our young talent on the field sooner, it's not personal with DL it's business and it's time to move on

Assistant Coach

Do YOU want DL back?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I'll give DeCastro and Adams another season, but the rest of them get hurt because they suck. In sports, durability has to be includes when evaluating personnel. In my opinion, a player who is hurt all the time sucks. Unless the injury is a serious off the field injury. Then it's excusable. On field injuries or BS off field injuries (like the **** baseball players pull) shouldn't be used as an excuse for why they're not good. It's a reason why they are worthless.

And even serious off the field injuries aren't excusable sometimes, like idiot Roethlisberger riding around without a helmet.
    So... Troy sucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    So... Troy sucks?
    There's no good backup on the team because the team counts on him, but he can't stay healthy. He hurts the team more than he helps at this point. So yes, in my opinion, he sucks.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Actually they both did. If the defense takes care of business at Tennessee and Oakland we aren't having this discussion. The defense also got torched for 415 yards by Tony Romo's offense in a big game. Philip Rivers? C'mon, he's been **** for 3 years and he dominated them.
    Unbelievable. Your credibility is at about zero. Although he has had a poor year this season behind a terrible OL, Rivers was the second rated passer in 2010 and 11(1 spot behind Ben) in 2011. Even this year he is 15th, in the middle of the pack. Saying that "he has been **** for three years" is beyond ridiculous. As is your comment about the Dallas game. The Dallas offense has been very good since midseason and our secondary was playing with guys off the street. If you cannot see that having Josh Victorian and Robert Golden at DB is a recipe for disaster, you are delusional. Just like the Cincy game, the offense lost it. AB fumble and Ben INT=ballgame.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    I have tremendous respect for Dick LeBeau, however in saying that I also agree that it's time to move forward. I only say this because a team has the tendency to play to the vibe that is set by the coach.

I think they look at Grandpa Dick as the old pipe smoking grandfather reading bed time stories by the fireplace. The veterans have grown accustom to a very comfortable surrounding with Grandpa Dick as they sit wide eyed at the base of his rocking chair in their pajamas with a nice hot cup of hot chocolate.

While I may be embellishing somewhat to establish a point, I don't think Dick relates to the young kids on the same level that he was able to with the Cowher era veterans.

A new vibe/work ethic of strength, speed, and sheer violence needs to be re-established with the new kids.
    Last edited by JoeSteelerFan; 12-30-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    20 plus years of the same scheme it's just time to move on
    if it aint broke dont fix it... 5 games we lost by 3 pts, those all arent on the D

we are always relying on the D

at some point our O has to learn to develop a killer instinct...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    if it aint broke dont fix it... 5 games we lost by 3 pts, those all arent on the D

we are always relying on the D

at some point our O has to learn to develop a killer instinct...
    ^This^
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information