Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst season since?

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I've been a die hard fan since 1973 and I can honestly say that this season was the worst yet. Sure, we had years with worse records, and years where we just weren't good enough to compete, but I don't remember any season where we had the talent this team has....... but no desire, no drive, no will.................

Worst season ever for me as a Steeler fan.

Aww man Flame.. I was called all sorts of things last week for saying this season was the worst in Tomlins career :P

Anyway, it has been awful and I don't see it getting much better as long as Tomlin is here. I've been a huge supporter of his, but seasons like this sure make you doubt if he is the right answer. Anyway, that is probably me being extremely negative because of how the season turned out.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    A loss to the Stains will seal the deal as the worst I've seen (been around for a long long time). Not just in seasons total but in total lack luster performance and lazy attitude by the players and, a completely non functional management core that has left me completely baffled. How did we not win against all those chumps (no we are the chump).

I really expected better.

And their fans.

Worst season since?

Mike Tomlin Switzer... (Most overrated head coach in the nfl)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    A loss to the Stains will seal the deal as the worst I've seen (been around for a long long time). Not just in seasons total but in total lack luster performance and lazy attitude by the players and, a completely non functional management core that has left me completely baffled. How did we not win against all those chumps (no we are the chump).

I really expected better.
    Injuries and age. It's simple.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Relaxed
    You Kids should have been around for Nolls 1969 1-13 Season.....or a take your Pick of the 40 years before 1972.......But in fairness I really see the Steelers declining under the current regime.........

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    You Kids should have been around for Nolls 1969 1-13 Season.....or a take your Pick of the 40 years before 1972.......But in fairness I really see the Steelers declining under the current regime.........
    In those days it wasn't about winnin in my book (Look up 63/64/65 records). Going to the game was like going to the circus. You was gonna get your money's worth of entertainment. The opponent was going to get his *** kicked (for real). The fans were great, it was fun to sit in Pitt stadium and FF gettin SF with people you didn't know. The mindset was different. If the Steelers actually won a game that was a bonus. You could actually afford to go the game then and pay cash for a ticket.

Then came 1972.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 12-25-2012 at 12:35 PM.

And their fans.

Starter
    1999 was brutal.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    I agree totally A blocked View at Forbes Field and Bobby Lane passing to Ray Mathews......Or Hey Diddle Diddle Rogel up the Middle......NOW that was Football, every team hated to come to Pittsburgh knowing they were going to win the game but get pummeled doing so.......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Aww man Flame.. I was called all sorts of things last week for saying this season was the worst in Tomlins career :P

Anyway, it has been awful and I don't see it getting much better as long as Tomlin is here. I've been a huge supporter of his, but seasons like this sure make you doubt if he is the right answer. Anyway, that is probably me being extremely negative because of how the season turned out.
    I think Mike Tomlin is alittle to comfortable since he knows he won't be fired.......

Thread Information