Thread: The One That Got Away...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

The One That Got Away...

...is Vontaze Burfict.

Two points. First, yeah there are 30 other teams saying the same thing. Second, I want to point out that I am not nearly as critical of the Steelers' drafting as some. I think we tend to magnify our busts and forget those by "geniuses" such as a certain coach in New England.

That said, how we (or someone) could not take a flyer on this kid amazes me. He was a beast in college and although somewhat of a douche, he went undrafted. A seventh round selection would have been virtually no risk.

I could see him fitting right into our D. Oh well, when your season is over before Christmas you do not have much left to do than to covet other teams' players. :-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

The One That Got Away...

A lot got away...

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    A lot got away...
    This^

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    ...is Vontaze Burfict.
    He was a total head case that blamed his poor workout on everyone from you and me to the press to the equipment to Scoobie Doo. He went completely undrafted and the Bengals signed him on a lark.

This was completely justified based on his performance and his behaviour. He's a huge clubhouse issue just waiting to happen. I want no part of this guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up with PED problems as well.

You want to talk about the one that got away, let's talk Darrelle Revis. The Steelers were poised to take him, but the Jets traded up and grabbed him. Imagine what our defense would be with Revis at one of the corners (although, he does have some issues around holding out, which could have been a problem.)

Thread Information