Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 out of the last 4 seasons for Tomlin ZERO playoff wins...

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Tomlin had a terrible year, IMO. That said, he is not going anywhere nor should he. The Steelers went through much darker days than this under Cowher and the patience displayed by the Rooneys was rewarded.

Suisham had an excellent year and I am not knocking him. But if Tomlin ever puts him out there for another 53 yarder, he should get b-slapped. Suish just does not have the leg.

I got to disagree with you. Tomlins made more boneheaded decisions in his short time here than cowher did his entire career and I certainly would not be looking forward to many more dark days under tomlin when the keys to a great team was given to him right from the get go...Cowher had to rebuild a team.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldriven View Post
    I got to disagree with you. Tomlins made more boneheaded decisions in his short time here than cowher did his entire career and I certainly would not be looking forward to many more dark days under tomlin when the keys to a great team was given to him right from the get go...Cowher had to rebuild a team.
    1998: 7-9
    1999: 6-10
    2000: 9-7

Not to mention, If Tomlin had lost those AFC Championship games at home when we were double digit favorites he would have been tied to cement blocks and dropped into the Ohio River.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldriven View Post
    Oh bullshit. Cowher inherited some good players from Noll.

When those players began to phase out? The winning stopped.

Until Ben arrived.

When Tomlin has a stretch of 6 wins and 18 losses like Cowher did then talk.

Waterboy
    If you have a high paid high responisibility job in any business, you either deliver or you are sacked.
    Tomlin didn't deliver by any standard of measurement.
    If i had one wish. Tomlin out, Mike Zimmer in!

I'm not a Tomlin game manager fan, but this is a team that people were sayin would have to rebuild after the '07 season. We lost a lot of premier players/leadership in the offseason and its hard to overcome that in one season.

Our offense is not as good as people think it can be. Our o-line sucks and we don't have a true #1 running back or receiver. On defense we don't have a playmaker in secondary (need someone other than Troy). And our edge pressure was not existent this year (I mean Timmons and foote had one less sack than woodley/harrison who at one point were one of the most deadly pass rushing duo's in the game [granted both flight through injuries this year])

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    My problem with Tomlin is he is making the same inexperienced decisions he was making 4 years ago. Not a good in game manager, to many decisions that just don't make sense.
    I have to wonder if winning the SB early on made his ego too big. What infuriated me this year is each week in the Digest, there are the statements from Tomlin about "we learn from this game and move on". However, he did not seem to take that into account for himself as he has made the same bad decisions in different, later games. So he either did not remember those prior, bad decisions or just won't learn from them and instead is trying the 3rd time is a charm approach.
    Gumbands

Starter
    I disagree. Ben, Miller, Wallace, Brown, Sanders have put up decent numbers. And with Ben throwing them the ball, this team should be scoring 30 points a game. The problem has been when they have been catching the ball. They seem to do well in the first and second quarters to put us ahead 10-0 or so. Come second half, drops and follies ensue. They need to make those catches consistently and at opportune times.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsmith91 View Post
    I'm not a Tomlin game manager fan, but this is a team that people were sayin would have to rebuild after the '07 season. We lost a lot of premier players/leadership in the offseason and its hard to overcome that in one season.

Our offense is not as good as people think it can be. Our o-line sucks and we don't have a true #1 running back or receiver. On defense we don't have a playmaker in secondary (need someone other than Troy). And our edge pressure was not existent this year (I mean Timmons and foote had one less sack than woodley/harrison who at one point were one of the most deadly pass rushing duo's in the game [granted both flight through injuries this year])

Offensively, they have not adjusted well in the 2nd half - to a point. Last year with BA, everyone went deep with no running game. This year, everyone is running 5-12 yard patterns with no running game. They proved my point yesterday by trying to run toss with dwyer or redman(don't remember which one), and the lane was there, but the RB was too slow and got stopped for no gain.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I'm so tired of fans and their.. Oh we got 6 rings crap. So what, those rings aren't doing us a damn bit of good this year or last year.

Everybody wants to talk about how great of a coach Tomlin is and granted he has many very good qualities but this is a result oriented business and Steelers fans don't want to wait 13 years between super bowl wins after winning 2 of 3 in recent memory. I'm just disgusted with how this team executed all year long and the game plan once again being predictable.

So ask yourself, was it Arians or was it Tomlin and the Rooney's?
    Well, right now, with the success of Arians and the lack of with Tomlin and Rooney

We all need to take a hard and serious look at the front office. The front office looks to be the real culprit in all this. Questionable hiring of Tomlin, the refusal to use free agency in a new and different football world, and the talent evaluation (or lack there of) of Colbert.

I know it won't happen but I really want a new coach. I've seen enough of Tomlin and his inability to get the best out of players and their lack of accountability too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I disagree. Ben, Miller, Wallace, Brown, Sanders have put up decent numbers. And with Ben throwing them the ball, this team should be scoring 30 points a game. The problem has been when they have been catching the ball. They seem to do well in the first and second quarters to put us ahead 10-0 or so. Come second half, drops and follies ensue. They need to make those catches consistently and at opportune times.
    That's what a true number one receivers does. Miller is a baller but we need someone to do what Miller does on the outside. Just look at the Bengals, A.J. Green is a pure number one and the dude is money (****in love that guy actually aside from being a bungal) but I mean they have no other receivers yet the guy gets open and makes clutch catches such as the one that won the game.

Thread Information