Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 out of the last 4 seasons for Tomlin ZERO playoff wins...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

3 out of the last 4 seasons for Tomlin ZERO playoff wins...

And if major changes arent made by Mr Cliche and Colbert who is also a lot to blame for this debacle of a season this year then it will easily become 4 out of 5 seasons with no playoff wins and around here that is completely and totally unacceptable. This team under Tomlin this season has no identity what so ever and it seems as if it lacks a great deal of leadership on both offense and defense. This team was 6-3 after 9 games and had a playoff spot well in hand at that point and even had a great chance of winning the division and then boom they lose 5 out of their next 6 and if not for a Charlie Batch miracle win in Baltimore this team would be staring hard at a 6 game losing streak. They were unprepared week in and week out and were terrible late in games down the stretch. A lot of people say that Mike Tomlin is not going anywhere but you have to ask yourself if the next 2 seasons end the same way this one ended this year and this team misses the playoffs the next 2 years which is quite possible then the Rooney's have to strongly consider and take a long hard look at getting rid of Tomlin. Because what happened this year with this team having another late season meltdown the 3rd under Tomlin in the 6 years he has been here is just completely and totally unacceptable...This has got to change and get better next season and going forward because right now this team is a ****ing mess and it starts at the top with Mike Tomlin...

Banned
    Art coaches the team.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The old man was the one that hired Tomlin he wanted him cause of the Rooney rule. But the bottom line is whether Tomlin is black white pink or purple he is simply not getting it done as a head coach the last 2 seasons. Things have to improve under Tomlin the next 2 seasons or so or I guarantee you 5 years from now Mike Tomlin is not going to be coaching this team...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think some fans and the front office need to get real.

fans:
    - just because we had 2 head coaches for like 40-50 years doesn't mean ****, if Mike doesn't get it done, he's not going to be HC for 30 or so years

front office:
    - they need to be intelligent and make the right cuts, also throw out "dont sign high profile free agents BS"
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The old man was the one that hired Tomlin he wanted him cause of the Rooney rule. But the bottom line is whether Tomlin is black white pink or purple he is simply not getting it done as a head coach the last 2 seasons. Things have to improve under Tomlin the next 2 seasons or so or I guarantee you 5 years from now Mike Tomlin is not going to be coaching this team...
    I wouldn't even give him that long. Mediocrity and unstructured overall team function should not be tolerated.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm so tired of fans and their.. Oh we got 6 rings crap. So what, those rings aren't doing us a damn bit of good this year or last year.

Everybody wants to talk about how great of a coach Tomlin is and granted he has many very good qualities but this is a result oriented business and Steelers fans don't want to wait 13 years between super bowl wins after winning 2 of 3 in recent memory. I'm just disgusted with how this team executed all year long and the game plan once again being predictable.

So ask yourself, was it Arians or was it Tomlin and the Rooney's?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Tomlin had a terrible year, IMO. That said, he is not going anywhere nor should he. The Steelers went through much darker days than this under Cowher and the patience displayed by the Rooneys was rewarded.

Suisham had an excellent year and I am not knocking him. But if Tomlin ever puts him out there for another 53 yarder, he should get b-slapped. Suish just does not have the leg.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My problem with Tomlin is he is making the same inexperienced decisions he was making 4 years ago. Not a good in game manager, to many decisions that just don't make sense.

Veteran
    I seem to forget. What happened that other playoff appearance?

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I seem to forget. What happened that other playoff appearance?
    Lost to the Jags
    Gumbands

Thread Information