Thread: Fire them all

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Fire them all

What a waste of talent. There is no fire in the belly of the steelers. Just a bunch of flatulence. During preseason, my wife commented that Tomlin had gotten fat. It wasn't just him. It was the whole steelers team. You've got guys who've won it all. You've got others with their big contracts. What are they playing for? Pride? OK. That's what a coach has to instill in his players. Apparently Tomlin can't. The Steelers lost to some terrible teams this year, Titans, Browns, Chargers, Raiders, Cowboys and nearly lost to KC. The best game they played was against the Redskins. Some excuses can be made for the injuries that kept out star players for the first half of the season. The Steelers went 6-3. Then they folded. Losing 5 out of 6. Getting crushed by the Chargers? No passion, no energy. Just give me paycheck. I'm off to disneyland when the season is done.

It's one thing when you've got a young team. When you're players are not that good. But that's not the case with the Steelers. They've got the best defense in the NFL. They've got the biggest I don't give damn offense. Haley should go. Ben calls better plays in the 2 minutes he's allowed than Haley does in 58.

Tomlin is a gambler that always seems to get it wrong. The long field goal was just one of many mistakes that we as fans saw. But he's made so many blunders in practice that his talented teams constantly shows up to games flat and mistake prone.

Say what you will. These guys are professionals. The fans pay top dollar to see them play at a much higher level. I pegged the Steelers at 9-7 mainly do to injuries. Now, they'll finish the season at 7-9. Yes, the Browns will sweep them. Why? Because the coach and the players don't give a ****. Their checks won't bounce. Most won't be fired or cut. We'll see them next year doing the same dog and pony show.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Dick Lebeau the only good coach we got! Too bad he's 75 years old; can't coach forever. But wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits due to suck *** offense.
    STEELSPIKES

Quote Originally Posted by Three Four View Post
    What a waste of talent. There is no fire in the belly of the steelers. Just a bunch of flatulence. During preseason, my wife commented that Tomlin had gotten fat. It wasn't just him. It was the whole steelers team. You've got guys who've won it all. You've got others with their big contracts. What are they playing for? Pride? OK. That's what a coach has to instill in his players. Apparently Tomlin can't. The Steelers lost to some terrible teams this year, Titans, Browns, Chargers, Raiders, Cowboys and nearly lost to KC. The best game they played was against the Redskins. Some excuses can be made for the injuries that kept out star players for the first half of the season. The Steelers went 6-3. Then they folded. Losing 5 out of 6. Getting crushed by the Chargers? No passion, no energy. Just give me paycheck. I'm off to disneyland when the season is done.

It's one thing when you've got a young team. When you're players are not that good. But that's not the case with the Steelers. They've got the best defense in the NFL. They've got the biggest I don't give damn offense. Haley should go. Ben calls better plays in the 2 minutes he's allowed than Haley does in 58.

Tomlin is a gambler that always seems to get it wrong. The long field goal was just one of many mistakes that we as fans saw. But he's made so many blunders in practice that his talented teams constantly shows up to games flat and mistake prone.

Say what you will. These guys are professionals. The fans pay top dollar to see them play at a much higher level. I pegged the Steelers at 9-7 mainly do to injuries. Now, they'll finish the season at 7-9. Yes, the Browns will sweep them. Why? Because the coach and the players don't give a ****. Their checks won't bounce. Most won't be fired or cut. We'll see them next year doing the same dog and pony show.
    Agree with you 99 percent, just not ready to bash Haley yet, while it sounded good at the start of the year was it realistic to expect a new OC to come in and make this team a top five offense? IMO think that was expecting a lot, but being a Stiller fan I agree we expect a high level of play. Fire in the belly and lake of leadership, both on coaching side and players side is what helped contribute to a dismal season. Miss the days of Hines going out and cracking somebody while blocking, it's a guy like that we need to find. Looking forward to see what Spence has to offer next year, while I didn't see him play much in college, think he could be one of those players, right now Clark and Timmons are all we have.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    i do think injuries were alot of our problem. But i do agree there were alot of players not giving it there all. This team was undisciplined, making the same mental errors time and time again. This goes on Tomlin. He also made some horrible game decisions, usually about everyweek. Tomlin won't get fired. But I think we have another year like this next season, he needs to start feeling the heat. Like he always preaches, there is a standard in Pittsburgh.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    This team was undisciplined, making the same mental errors time and time again. This goes on Tomlin.
    I totally agree. The undisciplined play is a direct function of poor coaching and lack of accountability. We saw far too many mental mistakes. Far too many.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    They need to fire any and all who coach and prepare the O-line players.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll give a Haley a pass just for the simple fact that he didn't know his players. Granted he had the off season, but you don't really get to know your players strength's and weaknesses until you watch them in action. He should be really busy this off season coming up with plays and game plans that adjust towards Ben's and the rest of the offensive players strengths. Ben is not a pocket QB like Brees, Manning or Brady. He can be a real stud QB if you let him play his game. Ben is not a timing QB, Haley needs to design plays that fit Ben's style of play, more QB rollouts, more play action and more no huddles. Tomlin should be advised that he is wearing out his welcome in Pittsburgh, put his *** on the hot seat and see if he can take his game to another level. Coaches as well as players need to be held accountable for this season's train wreck.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information