Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: for the doubters..Troy was a beast today...

Bookmark and Share
    Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    the defense played good today. 3 turnovers. o couldnt get it done.
    THIS

Rookie Free Agent
    He let AJ Greene breeze by him for the reception that cost them the game (look at the play). Aside from that big mistake, he had a great game. How can any safety allow Greene to get that much separation with 14 seconds left?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer89074 View Post
    He let AJ Greene breeze by him for the reception that cost them the game (look at the play). Aside from that big mistake, he had a great game. How can any safety allow Greene to get that much separation with 14 seconds left?
    No reception by AJ Green breezing by Troy 'cost' us anything. The D was "elite" quality all day. An offensive offense cost us the game.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

troy and the whole defense were beasts today, keenan lewis cortez allen are keepers

Banned
    Can't blame Troy for that last play. It was Typical LeBeau soft zone prevent and Dalton and Green found the spot in it.

Should have blitzed, incomplete there and they have to throw a Hail Mary.

Same soft zone crap on 4th and 15 against the Chiefs too, and they kicked the tying FG.

The defense only does what they are told.

Rookie Free Agent
    Polamalu is given freedom to dial it up on the fly all the time and in big game situations. In this game deciding play why would it have been any different? Had he trailed/covered Green on the play, Dalton would have been forced to go elsewhere or throw into coverage.

If you watch the replay, he drops the deeper coverage on Green which allows him to get separation. Yes, I realize they were playing a zone. With the game on the line, great players will follow their inner voice in spite of any 'bum' coaching.

I do not blame Polamalu for this loss as he had a great game except for this play. All of us know though that in life sometimes you've got to break the rules to make things right.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer89074 View Post
    Polamalu is given freedom to dial it up on the fly all the time and in big game situations. In this game deciding play why would it have been any different? Had he trailed/covered Green on the play, Dalton would have been forced to go elsewhere or throw into coverage.

If you watch the replay, he drops the deeper coverage on Green which allows him to get separation. Yes, I realize they were playing a zone. With the game on the line, great players will follow their inner voice in spite of any 'bum' coaching.

I do not blame Polamalu for this loss as he had a great game except for this play. All of us know though that in life sometimes you've got to break the rules to make things right.
    so the cb, who actually was assigned to green and eventually made the tackle, what was his role in this? as the cb, the wideout is HIS primary responsibility, not troy's.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    It was great to see him play like himself today. I was beginning to wonder if he was still really hurt and not be able to play at a high level...maybe ever. A highlight for me. The defense was incredible.

Rookie Free Agent
    It was not man to man coverage, it was zone coverage. So when Green got to the cb's area after Polamalu stopped his coverage he was wide open. If Polamalu had continued covering Green, Dalton would have been forced to find another option.

To put the blame on the defensive coaching staff is where it belongs, however, I am wondering what would have been had Troy decided to pursue Green to the sideline instead of dropping the coverage. On a big play with 14 seconds left in the game, how can Green be left wide open? Dungy and Rodney Harrison wondered about this one too. Look at a replay.

Banned
    You can't bash LeBeau. Not allowed.

Thread Information