Thread: Has Ben hit his plateau?

Bookmark and Share

Has Ben hit his plateau?

Just askin, he was having a mvp type like season before the injury. His td/int ratio was pretty damn good to years past, but for some reason it just feels like he has hit his ceiling. It is a good ceiling that he is playing at, but I think fans expected more from him this season. With the weapons he has at TE/WR/RB Ben should have been throwing 2-3 td's a game for every game.

In my opinion, I think the hits are going to start taking there toll on Ben. Imho, I think Ben has only about a 2 year window if this line doesnt start protecting him they way they should be doing, when healthy. A lot of blame can be put on Haley as well for the lack of production of offense in games this season. I just hope soon Ben starts realizing in certain sitations he is going to HAVE to throw the ball away, it is going to be what is best for the team instead of making something out of nothing and getting hurt doing so.

Posters in here want Tomlin to be like Cowher, I see it all the time the comparisons. Well I'd like to see Ben show more emotion like Brady/Manning/Rivers on the sideline. Everytime they show Ben all he is doing is shaking his ****ing head on the sideline looking at the scoreboard. It might not be Bens style, but we need an emotional leader on this team. I think Ben should be it and he can do it.

No way would I want Ben traded/whatever some are saying on here. Id just like him to step up a little more in the leader department. There were so many ****ing opportunities today just to even get into FG range that would have won us the game. Exluding the Suisham miss which was the placers fault(laces in). I just hope in the offseason him and the WR's get on the same page and him and Haley go on a fishing trip or some **** to discuss what the future of this team is on offense.

Veteran
    I think he came back too soon from the injury and it's affecting his play. Not only that, but the OL STILL SUCKS.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Just askin, he was having a mvp type like season before the injury. His td/int ratio was pretty damn good to years past, but for some reason it just feels like he has hit his ceiling. It is a good ceiling that he is playing at, but I think fans expected more from him this season. With the weapons he has at TE/WR/RB Ben should have been throwing 2-3 td's a game for every game.

In my opinion, I think the hits are going to start taking there toll on Ben. Imho, I think Ben has only about a 2 year window if this line doesnt start protecting him they way they should be doing, when healthy. A lot of blame can be put on Haley as well for the lack of production of offense in games this season. I just hope soon Ben starts realizing in certain sitations he is going to HAVE to throw the ball away, it is going to be what is best for the team instead of making something out of nothing and getting hurt doing so.

Posters in here want Tomlin to be like Cowher, I see it all the time the comparisons. Well I'd like to see Ben show more emotion like Brady/Manning/Rivers on the sideline. Everytime they show Ben all he is doing is shaking his ****ing head on the sideline looking at the scoreboard. It might not be Bens style, but we need an emotional leader on this team. I think Ben should be it and he can do it.

No way would I want Ben traded/whatever some are saying on here. Id just like him to step up a little more in the leader department. There were so many ****ing opportunities today just to even get into FG range that would have won us the game. Exluding the Suisham miss which was the placers fault(laces in). I just hope in the offseason him and the WR's get on the same page and him and Haley go on a fishing trip or some **** to discuss what the future of this team is on offense.
    Ben has played in 12 games this year and thrown 23 TD's.....Close to two TDs per game.......I'm so sick of hearing about all these weapons to.....Miller was the only consistent one all season........Brown, Wallace, Sanders are young and talented but constantly made mistakes all season.....Brown did have a very good game today so hopefully this is a spring board for him next season since he will be the number 1 WR next year......You talked about the RB's well they all suck really......Well the offensive line didn't help them at times either but not one of them RB's proved to be the starter this year.........

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The only thing Ben has hit is the D-linemen's shoulder pads with his chest. Give him a good OL and Ben will be Ben again next year.

Purely speculation, but I wonder about the last three weeks with his kid. It is only natural to want to spend more time with your new baby (especially at Christmas time) instead of the film room. He has had some terrible reads.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Has Ben hit his plateau?

Ben needs a running game! The play action only works when you can run! It also keeps the pressure off! Where did all the dump offs go??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ben needs a running game! The play action only works when you can run! It also keeps the pressure off! Where did all the dump offs go??
    Very true. The RBs were abysmal all year (although Mendy showed why he is still the most talented back on the roster today) which is partly due to the spare parts RB cadre and partly because of poor OL play. In perspective though, we drafted OL in the first two rounds and they were both injured for significant periods. We should see some improvement next year.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Media at the game tweeted prior to it that Ben was literally screaming at teammates during his pre-game ritual.

Isn't that leadership?

First down at the Bengals 32 after Allen's pick: Run run sack.

First down at the Bengals 46 after that FG miss: Run run run Ben scramble.

That is where we lost the game. Why they even TRIED to throw with under a half a minute left was silly.

Should have went to OT.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I think he came back too soon from the injury and it's affecting his play. Not only that, but the OL STILL SUCKS.
    I think that has alot to do with it. Play calling babied him in that factor too I think.
    Did he wanna go all out,yes,handcuffed a bit much? Hell yeah. Salvaging the season
    and eating you're cake at the same time,NO!

Ben has looked like a deer in the headlights since coming back from his injury, not that he's ever been a poised pocket passer like brady or manning, but it just seemed to me these last few games Ben had no confidence in his OL and he was just playing not to get killed by dislocating that rib of his! Of course with the lack of a running game, the DL was just pinning it's ears back and taking it to the OL!

Thread Information