Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Now that the season is over, everyone's thoughts on the Todd Haley experiment?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    While I agree that Heath could have been used more, he is having one of the best years in his career. Only 2009 was better (though more Y/C this year and a career high in TDs and receiving first downs.)
    At times in games Heath was on a roll and unstoppble. Then they went away from him. Does Dallas
    stop going to Witten,N.E. stop going to Gronk etc...??? Heath is a stud,use him Haley! Get another
    TE to keep home to block the damn rush. Frustrating.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    At times in games Heath was on a roll and unstoppble. Then they went away from him. Does Dallas
    stop going to Witten,N.E. stop going to Gronk etc...??? Heath is a stud,use him Haley! Get another
    TE to keep home to block the damn rush. Frustrating.
    I agree but this has been a problem with our OCs long before Haley. I remember yelling at the TV for Joe Walton (now THERE was a terrible OC!!!) to get the ball to Eric Green more. :-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I agree but this has been a problem with our OCs long before Haley. I remember yelling at the TV for Joe Walton (now THERE was a terrible OC!!!) to get the ball to Eric Green more. :-)
    Oh yeah,I remember that too. Green wasn't used properly either. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    It was going well until after the Giants game, then that second part of the season it was awful

23.8 points before week 10
    20.1 points after week 10

Give him next year to see how things go.
    While Flame is usually very critical about the Stillerz (which is warranted), I agree with his comment. As well as some of the other posts about the OL and the conditioning? Just amazed at the injuries and severity the players keep having. Sure hope Heath is gonna be ok him going to the Pro bowl even though the game is a joke, always love to watch him play, one of the few guys on the team with HEART when playing!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity73 View Post
    While Flame is usually very critical about the Stillerz (which is warranted), I agree with his comment. As well as some of the other posts about the OL and the conditioning? Just amazed at the injuries and severity the players keep having. Sure hope Heath is gonna be ok him going to the Pro bowl even though the game is a joke, always love to watch him play, one of the few guys on the team with HEART when playing!!
    Most of the OL injuries are ankles and knees from people falling on them. Conditioning cannot help that. And when you have those injuries, you are forced to play less capable people. No coach is going to make Legursky a Pro Bowler.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Most of the OL injuries are ankles and knees from people falling on them. Conditioning cannot help that. And when you have those injuries, you are forced to play less capable people. No coach is going to make Legursky a Pro Bowler.
    With that being said then this season should be chalked up to the injury bug and not Tomlin, Haley, Ben or the thousand other issues people are coming up with! Sounds to me like we just have really, really bad luck!

Rookie Free Agent
    Well I look at the totally gutted colts team with a bunch of nobodies on their team and a rookie qb at the helm going to the playoffs under BA....and the steelers who are usually in the playoffs year in and year out stumble like fools and it makes me wonder. Also the defense may have been #1 but that don't mean squat when you qb pressure and sack are few and far between and you can't force a fumble or jump a pass pattern for the pick.

Banned
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Walton's offense was tailor made for Green. He was dominant in 1990 when he signed and then got hurt in 1991.

Waterboy
    Hey guys, let me say hello to everyone first. I am new on the board. Looking forward to some good reads.
    Personally, i think the Haley experiment is over because i don't see how Ben and Haley can coexist.
    If this team wants to be a serious contender next season, we need a OC and a QB who trust and respect each other.
    One of them has to go. Which basically means, Haley has to go!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    If this team wants to be a serious contender next season, we need a OC and a QB who trust and respect each other.
    One of them has to go. Which basically means, Haley has to go!
    That takes time to develop. It's not something that comes over night.

Thread Information