Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Now that the season is over, everyone's thoughts on the Todd Haley experiment?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Regardless of what happens at OC, Art Rooney II needs to stay out and let the coaches coach.
    I think he stays out for the most part, unless it is a critical situation. To be honest, we have to build the running game. We need a reliable RB in the backfield who doesn't get hurt every other game.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I think he stays out for the most part, unless it is a critical situation. To be honest, we have to build the running game. We need a reliable RB in the backfield who doesn't get hurt every other game.
    Not this year he didn't. Haley wasn't afraid to go down field when he was the OC in Arizona. This offense was dumbed down because Artie wants the Steelers to be like the old team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Not this year he didn't. Haley wasn't afraid to go down field when he was the OC in Arizona. This offense was dumbed down because Artie wants the Steelers to be like the old team.
    Art Rooney isn't anywhere near as involved with this team as some people think.

Can't wait until next season. He will have a better understanding of what is in front of him and I think he and Ben will develop a great relationship.

Now that the season is over, everyone's thoughts on the Todd Haley experiment?

A third string practice squad QB threw for more yards then Ben against the "number 1" defense. What's wrong with that picture??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Long story short I am not impressed with Haley, hope the Chargers hire him.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Art Rooney isn't anywhere near as involved with this team as some people think.
    When he goes on media tours talking about how Ben has to change his game and how the offense has to run the ball, that's going to far for an owner.

2nd String
    Excellent point.

The guy apparently has not even taken a snap before this week since training camp. I think something is amiss with play calling on the Steelers end.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    A third string practice squad QB threw for more yards then Ben against the "number 1" defense. What's wrong with that picture??
    Last edited by Speeed; 12-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Mendenhall and Wallace both need to go.

I don't think we need a new RB. I think Dwyer and Redman can get the job done if you get the right o-line in front of them. I need to see Mike Adams and DeCastro play an entire season. It's a shame DeCastro was injured in preseason because this would have been the perfect season for him to gain experience.

Should an offer be extended to Burress ?

I think it's time for LeBeau to retire. As the OP said, the defense looks great on paper but it's just not truly delivering. I simply do not have confidence in it. The zone blitz no longer works on top notch QB's (Manning, Brady). Last time we played NE we played man to man and that is the reason we won. Brady had picked us apart in the previous encounter. I don't want a defense which is awesome against mediocre QB's but unable to deliver when it comes to true crunch time.

Ike Taylor : overrated. He can be really good, but he can also be VERY bad. How many times did he get called for interference multiple times in a single game ? Way too many penalties.

Todd Haley doesn't need to be fired. He just needs to re-think the offense. He was obviously hired under the pretense of keeping Ben off his back by using quick short passes, but I just don't see this working properly. I also think we are not properly using our deep threats.

v

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldriven View Post
    the defense may have been #1 but that don't mean squat when you qb pressure and sack are few and far between and you can't force a fumble or jump a pass pattern for the pick.
    Yes - the defense looks great on paper, but in reality it is not able to truly shutdown an offense when absolutely needed. No forced turnovers ; pass rush sucks.

Thread Information