Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that the season is over, everyone's thoughts on the Todd Haley experiment?

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    Art won't fire Haley. He does that he admits hes wrong.

That won't happen.

So Ben will go.

Draft Pick
    Regardless of who the OC is next year, one thing is clear - Coach Art needs to f off.

This offense isn't built to be a clock-grinding, time of possession offense. This offense needs to be no-huddle, quick strike. No more handcuffing Ben for the first 58 minutes of the game, and then in the last 2 minutes going "OH NO! BEN PLEASE BAIL US OUT!" He won't do it, not every time. Let Ben and company try to win the game early, then maybe yinzer smashmouth can come out in the 4th to ice the game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastajacob View Post
    Um, my post was rushed, thank you very much and I'm not an illiterate river rat; far from it, chief. Haley sucks..period. What did he do with KC? Yeah, he was a good OC with Arizona, but his play calling this year has been predictable. My concern right now is the receiving corps we have assembled and their inability to get open at crucial times and their lack of focus when it comes to making a catch...
    what did he do with KC? took them to the playoffs in his second season.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Draft Pick
    It just sickens me to know that everyone in the NFL and fans of other teams are rejoicing that the Steelers are not in the playoffs. It is time for a change in the 'Burgh. What that change is..who knows? I just hope it will bring back that intensity and desire that this team lacked this year.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Some fans are deluded that they think were going to have a top 5 offense with Haley.

I don't think that will ever happen, this is just the team that wouldn't ever achieve that status.

However, he can make this offense into a powerhouse and its not an overnight transition.

I hope we can find a running back in the draft a wide receiver and some good safeties.

Our stranglehold on the AFC North has clearly gone and we need to patch a few things up.

I would give Haley three seasons.
    outstanding post. And may I add a total revamping of the coaching and conditioning of the O-line.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Haley needs to tailor his offense to the personnel and strength of his players. He trys to make you conform to his system when it should be the other way around.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I want to see another 2 seasons from Haley, he needs to stretch the field more often though.
    That's the one complaint I had about Haley. He didn't go vertical often enough I thought. It did look like he was working with Wallace and turning him into a more complete receiver by having him over the middle more than BA did.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I honestly don't know right now. Things were so out of whack the whole year it's hard
    to evaluate Haley but he's on par with BA with his lack of utilizing personel,namely MILLER!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    I honestly don't know right now. Things were so out of whack the whole year it's hard
    to evaluate Haley but he's on par with BA with his lack of utilizing personel,namely MILLER!
    While I agree that Heath could have been used more, he is having one of the best years in his career. Only 2009 was better (though more Y/C this year and a career high in TDs and receiving first downs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rastajacob View Post
    Um, my post was rushed, thank you very much and I'm not an illiterate river rat; far from it, chief. Haley sucks..period. What did he do with KC? Yeah, he was a good OC with Arizona, but his play calling this year has been predictable. My concern right now is the receiving corps we have assembled and their inability to get open at crucial times and their lack of focus when it comes to making a catch...
    Illiterate? No. Grammatically challenged? Yup. Chill on the random ellipses and semi colons, Jack. I'd just like to point out that unnecessary ellipses make anyone look like a mom on Facebook.

Thread Information