Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Steelers Mock

Bookmark and Share

2013 Steelers Mock

I created this mock, with the intention of shoring up our pass rushing ability since I personally think is our biggest problem. Anyways, what do you guys think?

Round 1: Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon (Don't really think he will be here, but as an alternative, I would go with Barrett Jones,OG/C, Bama or Bacarri Rambo, S, UGA)

Round 2: Alec Ogletree, ILB, UGA (He should not be here either, but hoping "character" puts him here)

Round 3: Shawn Williams, S, UGA

Round 4: Brandon Williams, DT, Mizz Southern

Round 5: Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon

Round 6: Kniles Davis, RB, Ark (Has injury issues, but would be a steal here)

Round 7: Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State (Finally a young QB to serve as Ben's backup!)

My Mood
    Manic
    i would take Dysert over Klien and rambo isn't first rd talent spence will be back so ilb will be good

My Mood
    Manic
    RD1 Kenny Vaccaro SS

RD2 Alvin Bailey OG

RD3 Blidi Wreh Wilson CB

RD4 Rodney Smith WR

RD5 Zeke Motta FS

RD6 Trevardo Williams OLB

RD7 Cierre Wood RB

This is a mock based on not really knowing our draft position obviously if we don't win the next 2 games we will be around 17th or 19th

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    i would take Dysert over Klien and rambo isn't first rd talent spence will be back so ilb will be good
    Spence coming off major knee injury and has never played a down of NFL football so nobody really knows what the Steelers have in Spence.....ILB is a need heading into next year.......

2nd String
    rambo isn't first rd talent
    I beg to disagree

I think that Rambo is absolutely a first round pick. He is not only a ball-hawking playmaker, but a sound tackler as well. I actually had Spence in mind when I created this mock. He will be coming off a devasting injury and will still be an inexperienced backer next year. Ogletree is a beast and we will be extremely lucky to get him in the 2nd. I thought that Klein's skill-set would be a welcome addition to our team. Go Steelers!!

2nd String
    Yeah Ogeltree will not be there with the 2nd, no way no how ... I think if he comes out we need to take him with the 1st , if we don't trade back, ...

Ogeltree would allow Timmons to attack 100% of the time ... which he is an absolute beast at ... and Ogeltree could cover TEs and Runnin Backs better then Timmons

I know Spence but come on now, you guys are hyping him up off of what? training camp and like what 1 pre season game ... don't get me wrong I'm pulling for the kid and he could of been great, and still might be... but to count on an undersized LB coming off that bad of an injury is a lonnnnggggg shot ...

I really like Kyle Van Noy if he declares in the 2nd

My Mood
    Manic
    no hype but we have Foote,slyvester,timmons,spence

Show me one draft site that has Rambo a 1st rd pick i haven't seen any cbs has him as a 3rd rd pick draft tek has him 2nd

we will get the 14th pick we should go all in for teo give up the 14th pick a3rd pick and next years 3rd rd pick

2nd String
    no hype but we have Foote,slyvester,timmons,spence

Show me one draft site that has Rambo a 1st rd pick i haven't seen any cbs has him as a 3rd rd pick draft tek has him 2nd

we will get the 14th pick we should go all in for teo give up the 14th pick a3rd pick and next years 3rd rd pick
    Your absolutely right no draft site has him as a 1st round target ... That's why I've been proposing a trade back scenario ... But the NFL now is about stopping the Pass and creating turnovers , and lets be honest he arguably the best safety in the draft for that ... and I wouldn't be surprised to see his name start flying up in talks and go late 1st or early 2nd...

and as far as my board I have him as the 2nd best safety behind Matt Elam (which may not declare) so then Rambo would be the best safety

Assistant Coach
    I love Rambo in the late 2nd/early 3rd... if you can talk safeties, and not mention Eric Reid... then you didn't pay attention to college football at all.

Plus, you have to question a kid who fails a drug test a year after getting suspended for possession.

Rambo in the 3rd would be ideal.

Reid, Amerson, Vacarro should all be ranked/rated/drafted before Rambo

Thread Information