Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Take a seat, Ben

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    I'm just glad it's over. I feel like I've wasted the last two Sundays. I should have been catching up on my naps instead of watching that pathetic display of a team, but then I would have been up later that night bitching at the replays on the NFL network. This team needs a lot of work. Leadership more than anything.

2nd String
    I am with you. I might even take a break from the boards for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Lol yes I'm the **** because fans overreact sayin let's trade Ben. Of course people can be pissed. I'm pissed. But making ridiculous comments like that are going to get called out. I have no problem with people calling Ben out, it's warranted. But trading him? Come the f*ck on. Absolutely idiotic.
    This. And calling Ben a drama queen is also idiotic. The guy gets hit more than any other QB, breaks his nose and shi*t then comes back in and gives his all. He's not asking for pity, thats just an asinine comment

It's also hilarious how when we lost to cleveland people were talking about how bad we need Ben back and how much he means to this team, and now today the same people say we should trade him for a 3rd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They have a running game, Tomlin chose to bench him! lol maybe Tomlin should win coach of the year! Not!
    You seem to find a way to blame Tomlin for everything. Funny how before you were talking about Tomlin's lack of disciplining players and then when its done you reverse your line of thought

Take a seat, Ben

Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    You seem to find a way to blame Tomlin for everything. Funny how before you were talking about Tomlin's lack of disciplining players and then when its done you reverse your line of thought
    F U, F Tomlin... This team played flat all season! I'm not talking about benching him for when he didn't show up to the game. Talking about before that! How's Tomlin's crank feel in the back of your throat? Pretty good? I bet so! He's a dud and is all talk just like you!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    F U, F Tomlin... This team played flat all season! I'm not talking about benching him for when he didn't show up to the game. Talking about before that! How's Tomlin's crank feel in the back of your throat? Pretty good? I bet so! He's a dud and is all talk just like you!
    even when Mendenhall was healthy he wasn't performing like a top back. He averaged 3.3 yards/rush this season and fumbled 3 times in 34 carries. Thats fumbling in about 10 percent of your carries, just awful. Not sure how he is the solution to the problem. But hey continue to blame Tomlin for it and see where it gets you. Even better yet, rather than rational discussion to prove your point, make homophobic slurs and toss out insults cause it really helps get your point across!! honestly, grow up...

My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    even when Mendenhall was healthy he wasn't performing like a top back. He averaged 3.3 yards/rush this season and fumbled 3 times in 34 carries. Thats fumbling in about 10 percent of your carries, just awful. Not sure how he is the solution to the problem. But hey continue to blame Tomlin for it and see where it gets you. Even better yet, rather than rational discussion to prove your point, make homophobic slurs and toss out insults cause it really helps get your point across!! honestly, grow up...
    I'm with LatrobePA on this one and he forgot to add Ben needs to shoulder some of the blame for his stupid *** decisions on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I'm with LatrobePA on this one and he forgot to add Ben needs to shoulder some of the blame for his stupid *** decisions on the field.
    Im just curious but whats your reasoning?

My Mood
    Asleep
    If anything after 20 years of service I have learned one thing...you have to show leadership which this team lacks.

Leadership occurs only if there is a need for a leader. Leadership occurs only if people are reluctant to act and a leader must overcome that reluctance.

If a player responds to a leader's (QB/Coach) behest, the player is doing something he ordinarily would not do and would prefer to avoid. Otherwise leadership would not be required. The player makes a rational decision. He weighs the consequences. A player's response to a leader's call is not based on faith. Faith puts us in a religious realm . A mere mortal cannot claim leadership status if the players are motivated to act by God or money.

A person can strive to become a leader, but the success of that effort will be decided by others. Followers decide whether a person is a leader. Leadership status are never self awarded.

Thread Information