Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Take a seat, Ben

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    well no **** and never said the OL was stellar in 2008 (worst OL in history to win a Super Bowl) but just saying I think you need to check your expectations at times....Ben only can do so much injured and the OL constantly beat up.....you sit here and bitch about Ben....But did you watch the OL?....They played like **** both in pass protection and in run blocking......David DeCastro and I'm not nailing him to the cross by no means had a rough 2nd start yesterday....Beachum really isn't an NFL OT but the kid busted his *** and tried.....He was a low draft pick for a reason and really needs to be moved to OG but thanks to injuries he was forced to OT.....Pouncey really needs to add 15-20 pounds of muscle in the off-season and I'm tired of seeing him constantly pushed back into the pocket....Max Starks was our best/consistent OL all season and he even played like **** yesterday.....
    You've never been so mean to me before

I'm not really bitching about Ben, I'm just kind of disappointed with the way that he ended the season. OK, so maybe I am bitching about him a little, I'm just saying that we have seen him be magic even with a busted o line and a less than amazing receiving corps, and he was just off this season.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    You've never been so mean to me before

I'm not really bitching about Ben, I'm just kind of disappointed with the way that he ended the season. OK, so maybe I am bitching about him a little, I'm just saying that we have seen him be magic even with a busted o line and a less than amazing receiving corps, and he was just off this season.
    I'm not being mean....I'm just saying I just think at times you need to lower expectations.....Really since the Chiefs game (besides the miracle win with Batch in Baltimore) has this offense shown any kind of magic?....You mentioned 2008 but even though the offense would be putrid for most the game they still made the plays to win the game when they had to....This offense never showed that at all this season....That is all I'm saying and if I sound mean its just that I'm frustrated as well when talking about this team.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 12-24-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Take a seat, Ben

Can someone find that stats from last year to this year? Did we take a step back??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm not being mean....I'm just saying I just think at times you need to lower expectations.....Really since the Chiefs game (besides the miracle win with Batch in Baltimore) has this offense shown any kind of magic?....You mentioned 2008 but even though the offense would be putrid for most the game they still made the plays to win the game when they had to....This offense never showed that at all this season....That is all I'm saying and if I sound mean its just that I'm frustrated as well when talking about this team.....
    I was kidding about the mean part you can be as mean to me as you want.

I'm just saying I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect our 100 m. franchise QB to win the biggest and most important game of the season and not totally choke.

2nd String
    Yes he has. He is not Vic but he usually gets a measurable number of yards and at least few touchdowns a year. He has nothing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben's never been a runner. He uses his mobility to but time down field to throw the ball.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The OL didn't cause Ben to throw that interception in Dallas in OT or the one last Sunday that cost us the game. Blame his injury, blame poor mechanics, lack of concentration, or just choking in the heat of the moment. All I know is we haven't seen the 4th quarter Ben at all this season even before the injury. Since then it's been a total downward spiral.

What's the real reason? Haley? Just having an off year? Tomlin? I honestly don't know for sure what Ben's deal has been in critical situations but it seems to me he lost that cool in the pocket presence and ability to scramble and put the ball on the money. He's had happy feet since he came back and that leads to disaster. Maybe that injury screwed him up more than he's let on.

Take a seat, Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The OL didn't cause Ben to throw that interception in Dallas in OT or the one last Sunday that cost us the game. Blame his injury, blame poor mechanics, lack of concentration, or just choking in the heat of the moment. All I know is we haven't seen the 4th quarter Ben at all this season even before the injury. Since then it's been a total downward spiral.

What's the real reason? Haley? Just having an off year? Tomlin? I honestly don't know for sure what Ben's deal has been in critical situations but it seems to me he lost that cool in the pocket presence and ability to scramble and put the ball on the money. He's had happy feet since he came back and that leads to disaster. Maybe that injury screwed him up more than he's let on.
    Clap clap clap!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Ben choked the last two games. Like BRC has mentioned, this is not the Ben we know. maybe his injuries caught up with him this year. He also clearly doesn't get along with Haley, and misses his buddy BA...

On one play Sunday, instead of running for the first down since he had open field in front of him, he threw the deep ball for an incompletion!!!

Weird that both INTs were intended for Mr. Wallace Merry christmas!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I honestly don't know for sure what Ben's deal has been in critical situations but it seems to me he lost that cool in the pocket presence and ability to scramble and put the ball on the money. He's had happy feet since he came back and that leads to disaster. Maybe that injury screwed him up more than he's let on.
    This is what I've seen from Roethlisberger since 2008 or so. People always criticize him for not being a pocket passer, which is laughable because he hasn't had an offensive line capable of creating a pocket for more than a couple of seconds. This offensive line has been one of the worst in football for years now. Not only can't they create a comfortable pocket for the quarterback, but they can't even run block, which further exposes Roethliberger as defenses are aware of our complete lack of rush attack.

Roethlisberger is sick of being hit and his play is starting to show it.

Banned
    Ben thew a TD to Wallace in the 4th in Denver.

The defense gave it back.

Ben's offense rallied from 10 down in the 4th in New York.

Ben's offense needed a FG on their last drive to beat Philly.

The problem is, when you try to squeak out wins every week? Sometimes you get bit by it.

If someone can explain to me why with 3:12 left we were running the ball from our 46, then with :44 seconds left from our 11 we were passing? I'm all ears.

2nd and 6 from the 36, and Rashard Mendenhall lost 2 yards.

THAT friends, was the ball game.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-25-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Thread Information