Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive genius my ***!

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The problem is this team cannot close out teams! Lack of a true running game is killing us!
    That and a lot of our offense is predictable, like I said, if Redman is in the game, he is getting the ball (surprise!)
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    So Haley is an offensive genius? He only knock is that he is a hothead? Bull ****!

Dwyer has earned the right to carry the ball yet Haley calls pass plays 3 to 1.

If Redman is in the game he is getting the ball.

Have we seen creative plays when the games were on the line?

Have we seen anything that says genius?

And you can tell by their demeanor on the sidelines that he and Ben both know Haley is Ben's bitch.

We haven't seen genius or hothead!
    Oh do shut up.

Like you think first year results would present a top 5 offense.

****ing idiot.

Sick and tired of haley bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Or maybe the problem is an owner enamored with an outdated style of football.

Guess people don't really watch the games, we've passed the ball 523 times compared to 353 rushing attempts. Art II never said he wanted to go back to smash mouth football, he said he wants the Steelers to run the ball more effectively.

Unlike Jerry Jones you won't see Art demanding certain plays to be called.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Draft Pick
    The Rooneys success has come from "not" interfering. There is not a chance in hell you could convince me that Art or Dan are coaching from above. And I grantee you that the Rooneys are not making this team passive.
    Ah, careful now. Dan may never have interfered, but there's evidence to suggest Art does. Lets not give Art praise just because he has the same last name as his father.

Perhaps I should be more clear when I say "outdated football." Obviously, the Steelers aren't playing 70's yinzer smashmouth. By "outdated" I mean they are overly concerned with time of possession rather than focused on scoring. They've taken points away from themselves because they fear the defense will be tired or they're scared that they could get into a shootout.

My Mood
    Asleep
    So Haley is an offensive genius? He only knock is that he is a hothead? Bull ****!

Dwyer has earned the right to carry the ball yet Haley calls pass plays 3 to 1.

If Redman is in the game he is getting the ball.

Have we seen creative plays when the games were on the line?

Have we seen anything that says genius?

And you can tell by their demeanor on the sidelines that he and Ben both know Haley is Ben's bitch.

We haven't seen genius or hothead!
    Sometimes you just don't have the personnel to run the ball. The o-line is decimated and have rookies playing so there is a learning curve which takes time to play out. We have RBs that fumble every other series and get hurt from an arm tackle. It's not that he doesn't want to run the ball but more of they can't run the ball.

That and a lot of our offense is predictable, like I said, if Redman is in the game, he is getting the ball (surprise!)
    More than that, unless Mendenhall is playing, almost 100 percent of all runs go between the tackles. Redman and Dwyer don't have the speed to take a toss and Rainey is too small. Holes will open up if you force a defense to defend the entire field in the running game vs between the hashes where the Steelers currently execute the majority of their running game.

They have to find a way to open it up a little bit and become less predictable running the ball.

So Ben's success is due to Haley?

7. The success we've had on offense this year have been due to Ben and not the scheme.

Offensive genius my ***!
    Is the offense always because of Ben, it looks the same... Ben is the OC.... Hes in full control???

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Haley:

The Rooneys success has come from "not" interfering. There is not a chance in hell you could convince me that Art or Dan are coaching from above. And I grantee you that the Rooneys are not making this team passive.
    Yeah the Rooneys may be playing and outdated style of football, but you just don't change the identity of a franchise with such success over night. Maybe that's what the hiring of Haley is an attempt to catch up with the high scoring league the NFL has become. Don't get me wrong I like to see deep passes to Wallace or AB or a 20 yarder to Heath, but watching Troy slice thru the line and IMO nearly beating the ball to dalton was just as fun. It's most definitely an offense friendly league this day and age, and expecting a new OC to come in and lead us to a good post season run was a good possibility, but it just wasn't in the cards. Just need to put this in the books as a re-building year and it was painful to watch!

Banned
    Art fired Arians.

Thread Information