Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. The inconstancy's from each unit has put this season in the toilet. There is no way that this team makes the playoffs and magically plays a complete game.

Plus...it we don't make the playoffs, it will put a specific microscope on Tomlin, Colbert, Le Beau, the "young money" WR crew as well as the lack of pass rush. Not to mention O-line and RB issues.

These people and areas need to be addressed. And making the playoffs would disillusion people into thinking that we are close. We are not close.

We need accountability in this organization.

1.Who's holding AB accountable for his repeated fumbles in three games this year?
    2.Who's holding the poor tackling by this team in 4 big games this year?
    3.Who's holding Wallace accountable for his lackadaisical attitude for at least half this season?
    4.Who's accountable for the lack of push up the middle of the D-line for the last 3 years?
    5.Why can't our organization use free agency a little bit?

My point is that we need someone to be the bottom line and for there to be repercussions for lack of performance. Currently, we have none.

And to get it, we need to be embarrassed by not making the playoffs. Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

This running game needs Mendy, period! Tomlin's point is proven! Maybe AB should of been benched???
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I want to make the playoffs... but dont want to be embrassed in them... which is prolly going to happen if we do.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. The inconstancy's from each unit has put this season in the toilet. There is no way that this team makes the playoffs and magically plays a complete game.

Plus...it we don't make the playoffs, it will put a specific microscope on Tomlin, Colbert, Le Beau, the "young money" WR crew as well as the lack of pass rush. Not to mention O-line and RB issues.

These people and areas need to be addressed. And making the playoffs would disillusion people into thinking that we are close. We are not close.

We need accountability in this organization.

1.Who's holding AB accountable for his repeated fumbles in three games this year?
    2.Who's holding the poor tackling by this team in 4 big games this year?
    3.Who's holding Wallace accountable for his lackadaisical attitude for at least half this season?
    4.Who's accountable for the lack of push up the middle of the D-line for the last 3 years?
    5.Why can't our organization use free agency a little bit?

My point is that we need someone to be the bottom line and for there to be repercussions for lack of performance. Currently, we have none.

And to get it, we need to be embarrassed by not making the playoffs. Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.
    Excellent post!!! Tough not to look in the direction of the coaching staff for all of this. Not every team can have a Bellichik or Harbaugh.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I always hate to say that it's better if we don't make the playoffs, because anything can happen. Normally though that scenario unfolds when you get hot in December and carry that into January. This team is ice cold right now. Even if they win the final two, I have zero confidence that they could go into Denver and win, or even New England. I'd have mild confidence if they had to go into Baltimore at some point.

Accountability? What's that? Tomlin talks about it, but hasn't backed it up enough. The Wallace demotion was a joke, we all knew he'd still be on the field and nothing has changed since then. For every big catch there are still drops or lack of effort in key situations. Sanders continues to cough it up in wide open spaces, and AB's brain drain on Sunday was just the icing on the cake.

Banned
    Why miss the playoffs? So we can get a higher draft pick for defense and then watch him sit the bench for three years when LeBeau doesn't retire?

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I still want tomake the playoffs because anything can happen, Remember the Giants last year. They were 7-7 at this point last year too. But most teams that do make it, play well down the stretch. We aren't. The Bengals,Cowboys, Redskins and colts are playing better than us right now.

But i do agree it might take a clunker season or two to start making changes. Alot of these players need to go. And as long as we keep making playoffs they wont. Last year we were 12-4, but not a good 12-4 in my book. Why we bowed out to tebow and the 8-8 broncos in first round.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

We don't deserve to make the playoffs. If you would've told me in July when I was in LaTrobe for camp that we were going to lose to the Titans, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers (and take KC into OT!!!!) I probably would've given you a mushroom tattoo on the cheek and said "ARE YOU CRAZY?!? LOOK AT ALL THIS TALENT!"

So disappointed in this team this year. The season looked so freaking promising on paper.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    We don't deserve to make the playoffs. If you would've told me in July when I was in LaTrobe for camp that we were going to lose to the Titans, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers (and take KC into OT!!!!) I probably would've given you a mushroom tattoo on the cheek and said "ARE YOU CRAZY?!? LOOK AT ALL THIS TALENT!"

So disappointed in this team this year. The season looked so freaking promising on paper.
    And barely beating the eagles too. But beat giants and ravens (who might not even be that good). I have a cleveland theory. Any season we lose to the Browns, we don't make the playoffs. look at history since the Browns reissued in the league. 1999-6-10. 2000-9-7 miss playoffs. 2003-6-10. 2009-9-7 miss playoffs. 2012-7-7 and not looking good.All years we lost to the Browns.

And to be honest i didnt go into this season with any feeling. With all the injuries i wasn't sure what to expect.
    Last edited by Clevelandsux; 12-17-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Rookie Free Agent
    I want to see the Steelers in the palyoffs if for no other reason than the chance to beat the Ravens again. I really cannot understand people hoping for the Steelers not to make the playoffs. Sure they will probably get beat, but there is only one way to really find out.

Thread Information