Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Offensive genius my ***!

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ridiculous comments here....really hurts my brain to read some of them. its not just the OC, its retarded to think that it is or that we would have been better off behind arians
    The Steelers had three 12-4 seasons from Arians out of his five years as OC, and no losing seasons. And when you look at what Arians is doing in Indy WITH LESS TALENT, he blows Haley away.

such a small sample size, arians cost the steelers some big games with his inability to call plays as anything but a moron.

He was always a good QB coach...always, and that hasnt changed....he just happens to have the most talented rookie QB in probably like 12 years so it was a good fit for him. Super talent young QB mixed with a defense that gives up a ton of points and no running game whatsoever, you couldnt script a team more suited for arians style than the colts right now

Draft Pick
    such a small sample size, arians cost the steelers some big games with his inability to call plays as anything but a moron.

He was always a good QB coach...always, and that hasnt changed....he just happens to have the most talented rookie QB in probably like 12 years so it was a good fit for him. Super talent young QB mixed with a defense that gives up a ton of points and no running game whatsoever, you couldnt script a team more suited for arians style than the colts right now
    And the Steelers happen to have a more talented team than the Colts, and Haley couldn't create the right offense for them.

You can bash Arians all you want, and you may be right in some regards - but that doesn't change the fact that Haley has been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    And the Steelers happen to have a more talented team than the Colts, and Haley couldn't create the right offense for them.

You can bash Arians all you want, and you may be right in some regards - but that doesn't change the fact that Haley has been worse.
    I don't think Haley has been worse in any way, its just the fact the offensive line is not that good. Ben's performance is directly related on how the OL performs...At least give Haley another season to see what he can do...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Starter
    Haley's only doing what II wants. If Haley had any backbone he would tell Art that his dinosaur way of thinking doesn't work in Roger Goodell's NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post

i have way more faith in haley to get better though, arians was a plateau of mediocrity as an offensive coordinator.

haley started out very well, i understand that missing the playoffs has people way further down on everyone than they should be but ben was playing very efficient, heaths career was rejuvenated, bens pick and sack numbers plummeted and mike adams was playing like a stud even if he needed a bit of help, haley perfectly used TE and FB help to compliment adams and hide any weaknesses.

i was impressed early on, but there were a terrible number of injuries to OL, Ben, and RBs.....and the WRs absolutely blowing games was a huge problem in the second half and like i said, not one is less guilty than the other when it came to fumbles, drops, or just bonehead moves in general

Draft Pick
    i have way more faith in haley to get better though, arians was a plateau of mediocrity as an offensive coordinator.

haley started out very well, i understand that missing the playoffs has people way further down on everyone than they should be but ben was playing very efficient, heaths career was rejuvenated, bens pick and sack numbers plummeted and mike adams was playing like a stud even if he needed a bit of help, haley perfectly used TE and FB help to compliment adams and hide any weaknesses.

i was impressed early on, but there were a terrible number of injuries to OL, Ben, and RBs.....and the WRs absolutely blowing games was a huge problem in the second half and like i said, not one is less guilty than the other when it came to fumbles, drops, or just bonehead moves in general
    There were injuries under Arians, yet that was never an excuse for him. So why is it an excuse for Haley?

When he was hired we were all under the impression Haley makes his offenses under the strengths of his personnel. Is run, run, pass the strength of this offense? Or run, bubble screen, pass?

Either Haley is a fraud, or Art Rooney II is meddling with the offense.

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    So Ben's success is due to Haley?

Let's pretend for just a second that, maybe, just maybe, Ben is that good and look at Haley for what Haley has done.

1. Have you heard one commentator talk about the incredible offensive play calling?

2. Have you heard one commentator talk about the incredible offensive scheme?

Offensive genius my ***!
    Not taking sides in this, as I'm as disheartened and disappointed as every other Steelers fan, but in answer to these two I have to say yes, after we beat the Giants, several commentators on SIRIUS NFL spoke highly of the great offensive play calling scheme of the Steelers. Now I haven't really much since, but I did hear it after that game.

Offensive genius my ***!

Something happened. I read an article while the fill in QB's were playing and it was sounding like Haley was still tweaking and evolving the offense and that Ben would have to learn a few new parts of it. To me he didn't learn them or just didn't jive with them... Who knows there's no denying something got out of whack!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    I don't think Haley has been worse in any way, its just the fact the offensive line is not that good. Ben's performance is directly related on how the OL performs...At least give Haley another season to see what he can do...
    He's been worse in almost every aspect of the game. Total rushing yards, yards per carry,time of possession, Touchdowns,Total passing, passing yards per play, Completion percentage, Yards per play, 1st downs, 3rd down conversions....
    About the only things that have been better is we've given up 3(THREE) fewer sacks and missed 3 fewer field goals.

Thread Information