Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drafttek

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Would you trade down if Jordan/Mingo are on the board at our pick?
    Yes cause of exactly what Noris said

only 2 players I wouldn't trade back if fell are Jarvis Jones and Teo ... other then that I would trade back

and if we stay still which is most likely cause lets be honest that's what the Steelers do ... I would take either Alec Ogeltree or Chance Womback

unless somebody like Kyle Van Noy declares and starts flying up the draft boards (which is a very very high possibility)

I posted this on another site ... know you and others are really high on Dion Jordan ... but the guy has 14.5 sacks at college career 4 fumble force 0 int and 2 pass deflection and 29 tackles for loss... I know he could potentially turn into a beast and what not ... but to say he'll fix the pass rush in 1 year is a bit foolish I think ... And I've watched tape and I am no where near as high on him as you are

and also while somebody like Kyle Van Noy has 20.5 sacks in 3 years ... 4 INT and 13 pass deflections ... 41 tackles for loss and 10 FF ... and can be had in a trade back scenario to gather more draft picks , and maybe even had in the 2nd round ...and our OLB aren't just asked to pass rush they are asked to drop back in coverage more then most 3-4 OLB and that's something Van Noy proved he can do along with rushing the passer

if your talking potential Yes Dion Jordan may have a higher upside ... but I think I like Van Noy more then Jordan ... not to mention Van Noy has a nack for making a big play when his team needs it

My Mood
    Manic
    I'LL TAKE TREVARDO WILLIAMS OVER DION JORDAN ANYDAY

I personally dont like Ogeltree all that much. Watched a lot of videos of him, and he seems really slow off the snap. He is a decent tackler, sure, but he does not strike me as an elite lb to me from what ive seen so far.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I personally dont like Ogeltree all that much. Watched a lot of videos of him, and he seems really slow off the snap. He is a decent tackler, sure, but he does not strike me as an elite lb to me from what ive seen so far.
    He's not the prototypical Run stopper ILB ... but he's the Prototypical LB in today pass happy NFL ... He's big / fast / skilled enough to cover the big body tight ends in todays NFL

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    He's not the prototypical Run stopper ILB ... but he's the Prototypical LB in today pass happy NFL ... He's big / fast / skilled enough to cover the big body tight ends in todays NFL
    I agree, but I still like LBs to be able to crush a guard off the snap, and make a tackle like Bowman or Willis. Not that I mind that they can cover, but as I see it we have that player already in Timmons. I'm not sold ón the idea that two of that kind of LB would be successfull. Although I do admit that I have little to base this statement upon.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    He would be the Timmons in our D. Drafting him would be pointless because honestly I don't think that Timmons can play the buck. The buck needs to be smart, call the defense, and be stout against the run. Te'o and Skov are the 2 guys I would look at for that position in the D in the first 3 rounds.

Thread Information