Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drafttek

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach

Drafttek

I find Drafttek to be one of the more accurate sites for mock draft/big board rankings...

They just release a new 3 round mock... with the Steelers picking 17th...

Unfortunately all of the following players are taken before the Steelers pick

#2 Bjorn Werner DE
    #3 Dee Milliner CB
    #5 Dion Jordan OLB (was previously going to Baltimore #24) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    #6 Jarvis Jones OLB
    #7 Manti Te'o LB
    #8 Damontre Moore OLB
    #9 Jonthan Banks CB
    #12 Eric Reid S
    #13 Keenan Allen WR
    #14 Barkevious Mingo OLB
    #15 CJ Mosley ILB

And the Steelers get Kenny Vaccaro S at #17.... ugh....

THIS is the year to trade up.

As expected... Dion Jordan is starting to FLY up draft boards/mocks

2nd String
    I don't think so ... I think this is the draft to trade down , and get another 1st for next year ... as I said in my latest mock... Anthony Barr , CJ Mosely , Louis Nix and others going back to school ... gives up flexibility to move up and get one of those players and or stay still and pick BPA ...

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I don't think so ... I think this is the draft to trade down , and get another 1st for next year ... as I said in my latest mock... Anthony Barr , CJ Mosely , Louis Nix and others going back to school ... gives up flexibility to move up and get one of those players and or stay still and pick BPA ...
    I think that's a terrible idea.

Prolonging the influx of talent is a monumental mistake. And banking on players in next year's draft, when you have a chance to get an impact player in this draft is just plain stupid.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post

Prolonging the influx of talent is a monumental mistake. And banking on players in next year's draft, when you have a chance to get an impact player in this draft is just plain stupid.
    So in the deepest safety and NT draft in recent memory ... still getting 7 picks ... and an extra first next year is a terrible idea?? ...

to trade up and lose draft picks to get an over rated "impact" player this year??? ... I am no where close sold on Jordan or Mingo, or anybody else in this draft enough to trade up to get

this is not a very good 1st round crop of players this year , but it is deep in areas of need like safety ...

yes lets face it, the defense will not be fixed over night ... and trading picks to get Jordan Or Mingo will not fix this defense ... no way no how, and personally would be a terrible Idea

guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-21-2012 at 05:03 PM.

2nd String
    Nothing Concrete yet but it looks like another Junior is leaning toward staying in school, Matt Elam

http://www.gatorcountry.com/football...t_season/15828

just another reason next year would be loaded ... depending where we would pick next year... to get a combination of Anthony Barr / CJ Mosely and Matt Elam next year is wayyy better at least to me then getting Dion Jordan this year ... Combined with getting like Kyle Van Noy and Bacarri Rambo this year now where talking
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Safety/LB/DTorDE is what we should pick with the first three rounds. I'd take a QB in the 4th.
    Followed by more OL depth in the later rounds. Why the ugh with Vaccaro? He's a freight train
    and he might not be there with the later "teen" picks anyway.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland
    I want Vaccaro and this site is awesome the best draft site ive seen so far!!!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post

I dont think it is putting any kind of delay in talent. This draft has about 10 elite guys, then the 2nd through 4th rounds are deep. I am all for trading back for a mid/early 2nd and a 2014 1st. The value in the middle of the 2nd is extremely close to mid/late 1st for the positions that we need.

Assistant Coach

Drafttek

Quote Originally Posted by norris View Post
    I dont think it is putting any kind of delay in talent. This draft has about 10 elite guys, then the 2nd through 4th rounds are deep. I am all for trading back for a mid/early 2nd and a 2014 1st. The value in the middle of the 2nd is extremely close to mid/late 1st for the positions that we need.
    I think this draft is loaded in the top half of the first with impact defensive talent. We should be trying to get one of them, not trade down and take another hood/heyward "nice" pick and pat ourselves on the back because we have more picks next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Assistant Coach

Drafttek

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    So in the deepest safety and NT draft in recent memory ... still getting 7 picks ... and an extra first next year is a terrible idea?? ...

to trade up and lose draft picks to get an over rated "impact" player this year??? ... I am no where close sold on Jordan or Mingo, or anybody else in this draft enough to trade up to get

this is not a very good 1st round crop of players this year , but it is deep in areas of need like safety ...

yes lets face it, the defense will not be fixed over night ... and trading picks to get Jordan Or Mingo will not fix this defense ... no way no how, and personally would be a terrible Idea

guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
    Would you trade down if Jordan/Mingo are on the board at our pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Thread Information