Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72

Thread: Steelers versus Bengals: Who wins and WHY?? Score predictions!!!

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Absolutely I'm serious. Because what they did this season with this offense is basically waste a prime season of Ben's career because we didn't want to admit that our 4th quarter defense has sucked for years.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Did you also believe that we were all suppose to die today also?
    Nope. But I noticed you didn't address any of the points though.

    You can't handcuff Ben for 56 minutes of a 60 minute game and then unleash him at the end of a half or game and expect to win on a regular basis.

    And that's basically all this season has been. It doesn't work.

  3. #33
    Starter Raleigh Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,341
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Based on what we've seen since last off season, and now this BS offense, do you REALLY see Art paying Ben $60 million in guaranteed dollars?

    Art basically blamed Ben (and Arians) for 2011. You think Ben is HAPPY about that?

    If Art wants his run game, there is no need, to pay a QB $15 million a year to play here.

    The ONLY way he stays IMO, is if Art admits he F'd up, quits meddling, and allows Tomlin to 1. Pick his own OC, and 2. Allows that OC to run this offense has he sees fit.

    No more trying to recreate 1975, no more trying to protect the defense at the expense of the offense scoring points. No more infatuation with fullbacks and time of possession.

    If you want a franchise QB here? Realize what he is, and get the F out of his way and allows him to do his job.
    Ben is attempting more passes per game this year than last. He's averaging a half an INT per game where last year he was averaging about 1 per game. He already has more td passes this year in 4 fewer games. His passer rating is 8 points higher than last season. His QBR is 5 points higher. He is being sacked less by about a half a sack per game. The steelers red zone efficiency is higher this year by about 4%. And his yards per completion is down by 0.6.

    Oh, and the Steelers are rushing less per game this year than last.

    everyone as forgotten how good this offense was doing before the chiefs game. yes, it looked horrible vs. SD but the entire team did, not just ben, or haley, or the o-line...EVERYONE! ben was having an MVP caliber season until he got hurt. the team isn't losing because of just the offense...there are injuries, turnovers, drive killing penalties, lack of defensive stops....it all has come together to produce an average season.

    your argument holds no water...sorry!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

  4. #34
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Absolutely I'm serious. Because what they did this season with this offense is basically waste a prime season of Ben's career because we didn't want to admit that our 4th quarter defense has sucked for years.
    You have convinced me Ben will be leaving. Thank you. Who are they gonna get to QB this team? I believe you must have some inside sources.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    You have convinced me Ben will be leaving. Thank you. Who are they gonna get to QB this team? I believe you must have some inside sources.
    It doesn't matter. They can have anyone out there to hand off for 3 hours.

    The next two years are cap hell anyway. You ride it out, you clear your cap, and rebuild in 2015.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Ben is attempting more passes per game this year than last. He's averaging a half an INT per game where last year he was averaging about 1 per game. He already has more td passes this year in 4 fewer games. His passer rating is 8 points higher than last season. His QBR is 5 points higher. He is being sacked less by about a half a sack per game. The steelers red zone efficiency is higher this year by about 4%. And his yards per completion is down by 0.6.

    Oh, and the Steelers are rushing less per game this year than last.

    everyone as forgotten how good this offense was doing before the chiefs game. yes, it looked horrible vs. SD but the entire team did, not just ben, or haley, or the o-line...EVERYONE! ben was having an MVP caliber season until he got hurt. the team isn't losing because of just the offense...there are injuries, turnovers, drive killing penalties, lack of defensive stops....it all has come together to produce an average season.

    your argument holds no water...sorry!
    And his yards per attempt? Notice how that one got skipped.

    How many WR screens? How many passes at the end of the half or game?

    Ben ranks about 25th in length of passes thrown in 2012. People look at the amount he throws, I look at the TYPE.

    They've taken the premier deep thrower in football and have turned him into Trent Dilfer.

  7. #37
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And his yards per attempt? Notice how that one got skipped.

    How many WR screens? How many passes at the end of the half or game?

    Ben ranks about 25th in length of passes thrown in 2012. People look at the amount he throws, I look at the TYPE.

    They've taken the premier deep thrower in football and have turned him into Trent Dilfer.
    Maybe he is throwing a different TYPE of pass to try to keep him upright? The only thing that would keep him off the team next year is injury - what they are trying to prevent with the shorter throws.

    But seriously, how about Ben for Tebow? Straight-up trade. Run the option. Makes sense to me.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Maybe he is throwing a different TYPE of pass to try to keep him upright?
    No, you do that with roll-outs, mis-direction, moving pockets, etc. You don't do that by limiting what he does for the sake of trying to run and resting your defense.

    Slants, crossing patterns, etc. Get #81 and #46 off the field and use the weapons you have.

  9. #39
    Veteran steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,931
    Crash, you want to put money on Ben being a Steeler next year? Say $100? I mean, thats easy money for you.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Nope because I don't want it to happen. But I do know this status quo can't continue.

    Either Art has to allow Tomlin to choose his OC, or I could see Ben asking for his out. He's not going to waste the last 3 years of prime football he has left being in a square peg round hole offense.

    This is John Elway vs. Dan Reeves all over again.

    But Art can't fire himself like Bowlen did to Reeves. He owns the team.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Score predictions for Steelers vs Giants
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 12:45 PM
  2. Score Predictions: Steelers vs Bengals Week 7
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 12:54 PM
  3. Score predictions for Bengals vs Steelers
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
  4. Score predictions for Steelers vs Bengals
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
  5. Score Predictions for Patriots vs Steelers
    By Goodfrom55 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 09:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •