Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MJD in 2013?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Since we're talking about RB's for the Steelers.....I still love my boy Ray Graham from Pitt.....If Haley is back next year then I think he would be a good fit for the Haley offense.......

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Who the hell is mjd?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Mellow
    MJD--no

Steven jackson--if the price was right

unless haley gets a HC job, he'll be back next season and ray graham would be a nice fit...but where do you pick him? 2nd? 3rd? 4th?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Who the hell is mjd?
    Maurice Jones-Drew

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    So you guys are mad at Mike Wallace for wanting to get a contract ... 1 big contract...

Now you want somebody who Held out for a big contract and then in the later part of that contract he holds out again ...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Since we're talking about RB's for the Steelers.....I still love my boy Ray Graham from Pitt.....If Haley is back next year then I think he would be a good fit for the Haley offense.......
    I'm liking Kenjon Barner ... this kid is not just speed he got skills (watch the USC game) ... and people are saying he's to small, since when? he's like 5'11 195lbs is what they have him listed at ... on a NFL weight training get him up to 205-210 and keep that speed... whew the league better watch out .... Barner and Dywer as a 1 2 punch

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    When have the Steelers ever signed a high priced UFA like Maurice Jones-Drew?......They have signed Jeff Hartings and James Farrior but they were not on the level of MJD........If you're talking trade then it would have to be draft picks to land MJD......Then the question would be what would the Steelers have to give up for MJD?......Do they have the cap room to make such a move?
    That TV revenue doesn't kick in until after the 2013 season I believe so they'll likely be tight against the cap again. MJD is no spring chicken but the man is still playing at a high level. That being said I totally agree, the Rooney's would never dump a lot of money into a high priced free agent. They still live by that "keep your own" ideal, which is all well and good when the player is worth it. If they purge old veterans and actually only kept around the guys that deserve to be there then maybe they'd have more room. LOL

Those days of Farrior and Hartings are long gone, that was during the Cowher years when they would actually go after some significant talent in the free agent market.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The next great Steelers RB will come through the draft. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone on the roster who is more than a spare part. I like Lattimore who is a first round talent that may drop quite a bit. It's a high risk/high reward move to be sure but if he drops enough the risk will not be that great.

The guy can catch, block, and holds on to the football, the latter being something the entire cadre of Steeler backs seem to have a problem with.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    The next great Steelers RB will come through the draft. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone on the roster who is more than a spare part. I like Lattimore who is a first round talent that may drop quite a bit. It's a high risk/high reward move to be sure but if he drops enough the risk will not be that great.

The guy can catch, block, and holds on to the football, the latter being something the entire cadre of Steeler backs seem to have a problem with.
    I stated that in a thread last week. I think if he falls to the 2nd round, we take him. 3rd is an obvious yes also.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    MJD doesn't have too much tread left on the tires. I pass.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information