Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MJD in 2013?

Bookmark and Share

MJD in 2013?

Reports are that neither the team nor MJD have any interest in negotiating a long term contract. Wouldn't he be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh? Tremendoud runner, tremendous blocker, would significantly improve the running game and boost the offense overall. Not to mention, I am sure he, like any player would love to come to a storied franchise such as Pittsburgh. Afterall, the Steelers are more often that not relevant come December.

Thoughts?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Reports are that neither the team nor MJD have any interest in negotiating a long term contract. Wouldn't he be a perfect fit in Pittsburgh? Tremendoud runner, tremendous blocker, would significantly improve the running game and boost the offense overall. Not to mention, I am sure he, like any player would love to come to a storied franchise such as Pittsburgh. Afterall, the Steelers are more often that not relevant come December.

Thoughts?
    When have the Steelers ever signed a high priced UFA like Maurice Jones-Drew?......They have signed Jeff Hartings and James Farrior but they were not on the level of MJD........If you're talking trade then it would have to be draft picks to land MJD......Then the question would be what would the Steelers have to give up for MJD?......Do they have the cap room to make such a move?
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 12-20-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Starter
    they made a good deal for the bus back in the day.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not going to happen no matter how awesome that would be. The Steelers don't go after big name free agents and MJD is obviously a big name free agent. His asking price will be WAY more than the Steelers could afford, especially given their cap space for next year. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's reality.

Chris

MJD in 2013?

No thanks, lets just sign a turd off the practice squad! Next man up right??

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    they made a good deal for the bus back in the day.
    The Steelers are in salary cap hell heading into next year........I don't know how they would fit MJD's contract under the cap and especially if he wants a new deal.......The Steelers gave up a 2nd and a 4th round pick for Bettis....Would the Jags do that for MJD?

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: MJD in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    No thanks, lets just sign a turd off the practice squad! Next man up right??
    Hahahaha

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

2nd String
    So you guys are mad at Mike Wallace for wanting to get a contract ... 1 big contract...

Now you want somebody who Held out for a big contract and then in the later part of that contract he holds out again ...

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    So you guys are mad at Mike Wallace for wanting to get a contract ... 1 big contract...

Now you want somebody who Held out for a big contract and then in the later part of that contract he holds out again ...

It's because MJD is a running back, and yinzer nation will look for any excuse to go back to 70's smashmouth.

Seriously, how much does anyone think MJD has left in the tank? He's missed much of the season with an injury and RBs don't last that long. If I had to choose between giving big bucks to a WR or a RB, I'd take the WR.

Banned

Thread Information