Thread: immaculate reception

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns

immaculate reception

anyone watch the segment about it on a football life? actually happened on my second birthday.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

"DVR-ing" it, will hopefully watch it when i get home from work.

My Mood
    Addicted
    no biggie for me.

dont live in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

immaculate reception

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    no biggie for me.

dont live in the past.
    No one is living in the past, its part of Steelers history.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

I haven't seen it but I remember the day. I was 12 listening to the game with my dad on the radio. Home games at the time were not on TV, many people would go to Youngstown to watch it on TV. I don't remember much about the game but I vividly remember watching my dad jump up and down in the living room after the IR. It was a great day for many old timers in Pittsburgh because the Steelers were bad for their entire lives. Unfortunately my father passed away the next year and was never able to celebrate a Super Bowl win. But I'll always remember the joy from all the people of his generation (WWI & WWII vets) who appreciated the 8 years that followed that day. It was because of them that we continued to follow the Steelers and our kids are carrying on the tradition even though many of us moved from Western Pa.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I thought it was pretty awesome.....I hope Frenchy never tells......I love the mystery surrounding the play......

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    probably the greatest play in nfl history. yes that game was blacked out in pittsburgh, a playoff game none the less. I was too young to enjoy it, but probably best birthday present i ever had.lol. Just hope the current Steelers don't let us down on the 40th anniversary of this great play.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Rookie Free Agent
    I was a 22 year old college student living in Muscoy, California. I was a transplanted Pittsburgher.

I watched the game with my dear Mother. I could not believe what I was seeing. In fact, the deflection was never caught in the original televising. All you saw was Franco streaking down the sideline and the one defender being brushed off and then him running into the end zone.

What worried me was when the refs huddled. My thought was, they are going to screw us. If they did, that amped up crowd would have come after them with murder in their eyes I swear. It was an incredible moment for sure.

Art Rooney never saw the play because he was going down on the elevator to congratulate the team on having a great year. How ironic is that?

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Ya i saw the segment how that everyone was standing around for about 15 minutes after the play. Sort of like todays officiating. I don't buy the conspiracy theries, i believe it was what it was-a legal play. I believe parties involved made it out to be more of a mystery than it was. I believe that was the day god shined down on the pittsburgh steelers.

And if they used instant replay (which they may have secretly), there was nothing conclusive enough to turn back the play.

I own alot of copies of old Steelers games. Super Bowls, playoff games etc. Have yet to come across a copy of the original network broadcast of this game. Would love to have it.
    Last edited by Clevelandsux; 12-21-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    I enjoyed the show, it was light hearted.

Thread Information