Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace needs two 89 yard games to reach 1000 yards for the year

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Connecticutsteel,

Brown has fumbled away games three times. That's idiotic. Sanders has had two fumbles or drops at crucial situations.
    My point is that Wallace isn't the only player who should be criticized for poor play.

Do I want Brown on my team? Yes. Of course. But he's still done some idiotic stuff.

Just because you call what someone did "Idiotic" doesn't mean you don't want them on the team. Have you ever criticized a family member???? Does it mean you don't love them anymore???? No. Same thing here.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    he's a closer wow. i'm not comparing the sports i'm taking the one trick pony comment and showing you how rediculous it is
    Wallace isn't a Big Money WR. And when he's allowed to walk, we'll see who looks ridiculous. My point will be proven. Wake Up.

We will see what happens if Wallace doesnt come back and AB starts to get double teamed, see how much his production goes down. I mean, atleast yardage wise, his td for this season sucks.
    Last edited by steelchamp204; 12-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Oh yea, my buddy flame spreading some holiday love, I love it! lol
    happy holidays man...

.... to some.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Wallace needs two 89 yard games to reach 1000 yards for the year

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    happy holidays man...

.... to some.
    Lol you too...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+
    Wallace's issue is that he's way too inconsistent. He does come up big at times, but he often under-performs. He drops catchable passes at times and isn't that good along the sideline. I really wish the Steelers would actually use Plax more. He's a tall, veteran receiver that the young guys can learn from.
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    If Mike Wallace gains 89 yards in each of the next two games he will finish the year with 1001 yards for the regular season giving him three consecutive 1000 yard seasons .If he does that the oft hated receiver will be the only Steeler in team history to post three 1000 yard seasons in his first 4 seasons with the team.He is also 8th all time in Steelers history with 32 touchdowns . It's no wonder why the fans hate him so much.
    Ok...You just realized this now?....Big T and myself have posted Wallace's stats for months now.....lol No WR in Steelers history is off to the start that Wallace is in just his first four seasons.......I have been making the TD argument until I have been blue in the face..........I do agree that his effort on the field does suck at times but he Mike Wallace has been a very productive WR and is still the best WR on the Steelers roster....If he Wallace isn't resigned the Steelers will have to draft a WR early in the draft........Brown, Sanders, Cotchery as the top three WR's?........The passing game would suffer big time......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok...You just realized this now?....Big T and myself have posted Wallace's stats for months now.....lol No WR in Steelers history is off to the start that Wallace is in just his first four seasons.......I have been making the TD argument until I have been blue in the face..........I do agree that his effort on the field does suck at times but he Mike Wallace has been a very productive WR and is still the best WR on the Steelers roster....If he Wallace isn't resigned the Steelers will have to draft a WR early in the draft........Brown, Sanders, Cotchery as the top three WR's?........The passing game would suffer big time......
    Amen. That's another thing too. With the defense needing some young talented playmakers, do you really want to use a relatively high pick on a WR. Brown and Sanders have shown flashes, but neither has shown in any way that they are capable number 1 receivers and both have made crushing mistakes to the team this season. Again, I'm not bashing them. I'm a fan of both guys but it's true. Mike Wallace has shown the ability to be a number one receiver and has had an extremely productive career to this point. I get the whole thing with the effort and all that at times this season, but I honestly do believe that if he were to resign here, those issues would go away.

You just can't let a playmaker like Wallace get away. I'm hoping the front office sees that. It just sickens me that we have so much money wrapped up in Antonio Brown that would help Wallace sign, if they want to resign him. AB was definitely worth extending, but for about half as much as he got. The worst part is, after Wallace's somewhat "down" year this year, he could possibly be had for a contract very similar to Browns. It's still possible, just a little tougher.

I know that resigning him is probably a pipe dream, but I'm still holding out hope.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Brown has fumbled away games three times. That's idiotic. Sanders has had two fumbles or drops at crucial situations. My point is that Wallace isn't the only player who should be criticized for poor play.
    The Steelers as a whole have not distinguished themselves in the annals of protecting the ball this year, that's for sure. I blame the coaching. Having one player with ball control issues is one thing, but to see Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Mendenhal (who's always had issues in this regard), and the other backs all with problems, that's too much of coincidence to be change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    The Steelers as a whole have not distinguished themselves in the annals of protecting the ball this year, that's for sure. I blame the coaching. Having one player with ball control issues is one thing, but to see Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Mendenhal (who's always had issues in this regard), and the other backs all with problems, that's too much of coincidence to be change.
    ok. Then your saying a simi-house cleaning is in order?

Thread Information