Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Lol how did I know somebody would say something about not saying aren't ... got to love the internet ... so I guess your trying to insult my intelligence??

So your saying press at the line ... or are you saying bounty gate type stuff?? ... lol oh boy, yeah lets just give blatant penalties ... you would last really long as a Coach ... and if your saying Press , that might work but I have yet to really see him get jammed at the line like that
    Just bustin' your chops man, no harm no fowl.
    And yes i'm saying jam him on the line. As you yourself stated, many things have to happen at exactly the perfect time for a 4.2 speed guy to run a mile down the field and catch a bomb over his shoulder. Once in 50 tries it actuall works. How I would stop it is by doing two things......

1. Pressure on the QB, and I mean get in his face quick and don't let him get set.
    2. Jam the living **** outta the reciever on the line. Watch the Pats corners 2 or 3 years ago. They used to rape recievers on the line and totally screw up the timing of the route.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool58 View Post
    And yes i'm saying jam him on the line. As you yourself stated, many things have to happen at exactly the perfect time for a 4.2 speed guy to run a mile down the field and catch a bomb over his shoulder. Once in 50 tries it actuall works. How I would stop it is by doing two things......

1. Pressure on the QB, and I mean get in his face quick and don't let him get set.
    2. Jam the living **** outta the reciever on the line. Watch the Pats corners 2 or 3 years ago. They used to rape recievers on the line and totally screw up the timing of the route.
    You're right many things have to happen perfect ... but if you give me a deep ball QB like RG3 (which only saying RG3 cause he could end up there) ... More likely then not the ball will be on the money...

Now you're right in theory that kind of Defense would work ... and In theory that kind of Offense would work ... that's why they play the game ... Just saying I would LOVE my chances with Wallace 1vs1 , and I would take a good amount of shots down the field

Just a FYI I love the man to man tight press coverage style of D... and wish the Steelers did it more

cbrunn, I forgot to mention something else.

Check out those stupid *** little hitch passes to the sidelines that we like to run. Everybody in the league has figured that stuff out now. Drop your CB 8 yards deep when he sees that formation. When Wallace .......well, IF Wallace........catches that little sideline pass your CB has enough time to accelerate into him and knock his balls into his throut. Wallace doesn't like taking big hits and that'll take him out the rest of the game. Totally legal.

2nd String
    cbrunn, I forgot to mention something else.

Check out those stupid *** little hitch passes to the sidelines that we like to run. Everybody in the league has figured that stuff out now. Drop your CB 8 yards deep when he sees that formation. When Wallace .......well, IF Wallace........catches that little sideline pass your CB has enough time to accelerate into him and knock his balls into his throut. Wallace doesn't like taking big hits and that'll take him out the rest of the game. Totally legal.
    Oh yeah I agree our offense is way to predictable at times ... I hate the Screen plays , like screen plays work when they're not expected , not when you run them 2-3 times in a drive lol drives me nuts

and yeah NO receiver likes to be hit ... lol I don't think any receiver likes taking hits

and yeah NO receiver likes to be hit ... lol I don't think any receiver likes taking hits
    But there are quite a few WR that can take hits A LOT better than Wallace. When Wallace gets hit hard, or plays a physical CB, he seems to have less fight and/or effort. Just my opinion. Granted some of the WR that come to mind are physically bigger and mentally tougher than the Scarecrow #17.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

2nd String
    Just to let you know Fowl is a bird ... I think the saying you were going for is No Harm No Foul

lol just playing with you man ...
    Last edited by cbrunn; 12-20-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'm not changing anything ... and you didn't answer my question ...

as a defensive coordinator do you give me 1 on 1 coverage with Mike Wallace with no help over top???
    From the coverages I've seen on him, they mix it up. But if you look at the O-line and factor in Ben not being 100%, they'll be more likely to give him 1 on 1 and go after Ben.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I see your point. But if your point were so valid, they wouldn't be allowing him to leave or trading him.

All the validity your trying to establish for him is moot. Because management and coaches of the team see waaaaay more tape of him then you or I. And once they factor in the TOTALITY of his game, he'll be allowed to go. So your evaluation is better then there's? I think not.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information