Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?

If you asked me who leads the AFC North in dropped passes, my three guesses would've been: Mike Wallace, Mike Wallace and Mike Wallace. Well, I was wrong.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green tops the division in that category. This shocked me because Green has such great hands. Everyone remembers Green's drop in the red zone against Dallas, but I can't recall many more than that one. Last season, Green had three drops on 112 targets. This year, he has seven drops on 138 targets.

Wallace is close behind Green with six dropped passes. That's tied for the second-most in the AFC North with Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham and Browns wide receiver Greg Little. Saints tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with 11 dropped passes.

In terms of teams, the Browns lead the division with 26 drops, which is tied for eighth-most in the league. The Steelers and Bengals have a total of 22 drops. The Ravens have the least amount of dropped passes with 19. Wide receiver Torrey Smith has the most drops for Baltimore with four.
    HERE

This came as a surprise to me,guess I need to step and clear my head. I'm sure no one on the Bengals fan base is hoping AJ Green takes a hike.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

AJ had one horrible game a few weeks ago (i think he had the flu) and he dropped like 5 passes

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    AJ Green had problems with dropped passes last year too. He's got a chance to be one of the best receivers in the game but he has to work on his consistency. Much like Wallace, he has all the talent in the world, but unlike Wallace, AJG isn't afraid to go up and consistently put forth the effort to make the tough catch.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    AJ Green had problems with dropped passes last year too. He's got a chance to be one of the best receivers in the game but he has to work on his consistency. Much like Wallace, he has all the talent in the world, but unlike Wallace, AJG isn't afraid to go up and consistently put forth the effort to make the tough catch.
    Amen... AJG makes up for it in effort and attitude.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Aj Green Madden catch rating drops to 75!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?

Guess who has the ability to torch the Steelers on Sunday? Yep, same guy!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    AJG makes up for it in effort and attitude.
    Freakin' THIS!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Amen... AJG makes up for it in effort and attitude.
    Thats because he's like what 6'4 ... Wallace is what 6' ...AJ Green is one of the elite talents at WR , and he's a jump ball spectacular catch receiver ... Wallace is a speed receiver

so lets see ... Wallace is running full speed down field with his 4.2-4.3 speed ... and the ball isn't perfect , do you know how hard it must be to adjust to a ball when your running full speed (and have the Dbs toasted) with 4.2-4.3 speed ... over the head catches are the hardest to make , let alone running at 4.2-4.3 speed trying to find the ball and then adjust to it and then catch it ... that's a hard task , if you ask me ... none of the other big name receivers are this kind of receiver , if you like or not he's the best at this type of receiver

AJ Green , Calvin Johnson , and so on... while they might be deceptively fast , they are not Sprinter like speed ... and they are all also like 6'4 ... which gives the QB the ability to kind of just throw it up , and give the receiver time to locate it so they can use their height and jumping ability over the DB

at least that's my 2 cents take it how you want

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Wallace leads the league in most uninspired play. No excuse for that.

Hines Ward wasn't the biggest, or the fastest. But he came to play everyday. And I"ll take Ward in his prime over Wallace in his prime (sissy) everyday of the week.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    This. There is more to playing WR then just 4.2 speed. Gzzzz. Some of you really don't know football.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information