Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These last two games come down to the Players

Bookmark and Share

These last two games come down to the Players

So sick of all this Tomlin bullshit. You can only put so much on Tomlin/Haley/DL. I mean why isnt DL getting any **** for any of this season. The lack of adjustment he hasn't made most of this season has been unreal. It is almost as if it is a sin to talk bad about DL or Haley being inable to adjust ingame. Yet it all goes on Tomlin. With that aside, why must us fans only blame the coaches or Mike Wallace it seems, the past week it was AB.

This season is also on the players. Im calling out

1. Woodley
    2. Pouncey
    3. Ben
    4. Troy (Allen has been more impressive), yet I will hear " Well, he has been injured"
    5. Harrison
    6. Kiesel
    7. Hampton
    8. AB
    9. Wallace

Ill use this as an example. In high school, when we all got older did we really give a **** what our parents jumped our asses about? Doing homework? Speeches only get you so far after you hear them year after year after year. It all comes down to the person(s) and how hard they are willing to push themselves to get results. You really think Mike Tomlin spitting in your face is really going to make you wake the **** up after you have been hearing the sames things over and over again for the past 6 years?

Can Mike be a little more aggressive on the sideline at times? Yes, he gets called out for not being an ***, then we benches 3 running backs he is ruining the chemistry of the team. Are you ****ing kidding me?

For the players I have called out, it is either they should be leading this team more than what they should. WTF has happened to Pouncey and his attitude wearing off on the offensive line? This season has been pretty **** poor from Pouncey to what standards he is held to. His snaps have been awful at times this season and it is NOT because Legs played center here and there once and awhile. My opinion is he needs to add some bulk to his stature or move him to guard and try to find another center. Imho, I think he would be a even better guard than center. It was nice seeing him pull around and blocking on the 2nd level.

Woodley- You can say how much he has pressured the opposing qbs all you want but that is not causing turnovers for this defense. I know he has had the injury bug this season, but where has the old Woodley went. He is getting a lot of 1v1 matchups and is not winning at all. The frustrating thing is, this team has faced some pretty ****** offensive lines this season, there should be NO reason at all for our LBs not to get to the QB and bring him down. Still, this guy needs to step up and be the leader on defense. But also, for our lb's we need the front 3 to take up gaps.

Hampton for ****s sakes is out of gas by the end of the 2nd quarter. For whatever reason, Tomlins stubborness will not put McLendon in the game for more snaps. I would call out Hood but it would just be a waste of time. Dude is a straight out bust. For some reason this team is missing the Aaron Smiths and Porter. Keisel, fear the beard is the only thing people might even fear of this guy anymore. To me, he is just taking time away from Heyward. **** the veteran status **** anymore. Get a more athletic bigger body in there to help take up gaps. Again, Keisel is a veteran and needs to get a grip on these defensive guys. He has been there, done that.

Troy P. Im officially jumping off the Troy bandwagon. He is not the same guy he was back in 2008-2010 when he undeservably won the DPOY. He should have won it in 2009 but didnt, they made it up to him in 2010 when Clay Mathews had a hell of a better season that year. Correct me if I got the years wrong. Allen has been playing well this season, another issue I have with Tomlin is that he will probably keep Troy around another 2 years too long. It is time to bring in the movement.

This team just has way to many Vets who have expierienced the highs and lows of this league and should know how hard it is year in and year out to make it to the playoffs and to win in the playoffs. They said they were hungry as hell this season due to how they got thumped out of the playoffs by a Tim Tebow lead offense in Denver.

Is it fair to bash Tomlin, yes. But not as much heat as he has been taken.

There are no leaders on this team, please. Ben is not a leader. The excuse of him playing hurt and through injuries is just the reason why some fans think he is. Ben can help this Oline improve year in and year out by seeing what the defense is going to bring. Sound a lot like Brady and a Manning thing right? Every year there line in Ind/NE/Denver have been great. Brady and Manning help out there Oline more than some would think. They do it by studying more than other Qb;s in the league. Im not saying Ben is a bum, I just dont think he puts in the time that some of the greats have. Inho, he is still a top 5-6 qb in the league.

The thing is over the years. When:

Alan Faneca left, who took over as the leader on the Oline?
    Ward left, who took that leadership role as WR?
    Porter left, who took that emotional leader role? You can say James, but he is more by leads by example
    Aaron Smith retired, who the hell is the leader on the defensive line??? Keisel? No, I dont think so.

I think the next 2 weeks will say a lot about the players heart/passion for the game. I want to see them play hard for steeler fans across the nation, oversees and dont forget Pittsburgh itself. If the players cant get pumped up for this game by themselves instead of Tomlin giving a heroic speech, then I dont know. They know they have to win and do it by getting up early and getting some 3 and outs. The players I called out can be great players, even better than what they are right now. They just have to do it consistantly. But holy ****, when are the PLAYERS held accountable for there playing?

Banned
    You don't know how much Brady studies. And if Peyton is such a film junkie why does he constantly **** the bed in the playoffs?

All those two have on Ben is longevity. And the fact that they are allowed to keep throwing when they are up big.

Brady for all his alleged greatness hasn't won a ring in 7 years. And at times has looked absolutely horrific in the playoffs since their camera's got taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    You don't know how much Brady studies. And if Peyton is such a film junkie why does he constantly **** the bed in the playoffs?

All those two have on Ben is longevity. And the fact that they are allowed to keep throwing when they are up big.

Brady for all his alleged greatness hasn't won a ring in 7 years. And at times has looked absolutely horrific in the playoffs since their camera's got taken away.
    Lets just say they look more prepared. Longevity, Ben should be in his prime right now then. With all the hits Ben has taken throughout the years. He will be lucky to last to 35 playing in the football league competatively.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: These last two games come down to the Players

You can add Sanders to that list also. These players dont seem to understand how valuable each down is. A dropped pass or a missed tackle on a 3rd down can be game changing. Tomlin said something ive been thinking for a long time during his press conference yesterday. He said something along the lines of "not compensating for areas of weakness/turnovers". The team weathered the storm against Dallas fairly well. Though damaging bc of its timing,the team survived ABs fumble in regulation and had a chance to win the game. However, generally the team cant flip momentum. They keep themselves in games but they cant close games. Look at all the sub .500 teams theyve lost to. Terrible execution throughout those games but couldve won those games down the stretch. The Steelers are a team that can't overcome its mistakes. They put themselves in bad positions but cant quite turn the corner. If someone turns the ball over, its up to the defense to force a quick 3 and out/fg(depending on field position)...then its up to the offense to sustain a drive and put points on the board. The Steelers arent answering or flipping momentum. In my opinion, the offense really needs to pick up the slack. The defense cant do things it really wants to do bc of injuries. An example is Troy being a traditional safety vs giving fits to qbs like he normally does bc of the experienced db's. The def line is worthless and cant get pressure on the weakest o-line/opposing qb which makes a young db's life hell. I admire the defense as a whole though bc theyre keeping games within reach despite its major weaknesses. They manage to get key stops which is all u can really ask of THIS defense. They arent going above and beyond in areas to generate turnovers, but they are getting big stops. If the offense could just sustain drives and score consistently....AND not turn the ball over theyll be fine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Banned
    Here's Haley's offense:

Run up the middle.

Shot gun draw up the middle.

WR screens.

1st read short passes to Heath.

That's it. For all his talk about match-ups and versatility where the hell is it?

He's a blowhard with family connections to this team. Nothing else.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: These last two games come down to the Players

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Here's Haley's offense:

Run up the middle.

Shot gun draw up the middle.

WR screens.

1st read short passes to Heath.

That's it. For all his talk about match-ups and versatility where the hell is it?

He's a blowhard with family connections to this team. Nothing else.
    Well.... That escalated quickly. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by City of Champyinz View Post
    You can add Sanders to that list also. These players dont seem to understand how valuable each down is. A dropped pass or a missed tackle on a 3rd down can be game changing. Tomlin said something ive been thinking for a long time during his press conference yesterday. He said something along the lines of "not compensating for areas of weakness/turnovers". The team weathered the storm against Dallas fairly well. Though damaging bc of its timing,the team survived ABs fumble in regulation and had a chance to win the game. However, generally the team cant flip momentum. They keep themselves in games but they cant close games. Look at all the sub .500 teams theyve lost to. Terrible execution throughout those games but couldve won those games down the stretch. The Steelers are a team that can't overcome its mistakes. They put themselves in bad positions but cant quite turn the corner. If someone turns the ball over, its up to the defense to force a quick 3 and out/fg(depending on field position)...then its up to the offense to sustain a drive and put points on the board. The Steelers arent answering or flipping momentum. In my opinion, the offense really needs to pick up the slack. The defense cant do things it really wants to do bc of injuries. An example is Troy being a traditional safety vs giving fits to qbs like he normally does bc of the experienced db's. The def line is worthless and cant get pressure on the weakest o-line/opposing qb which makes a young db's life hell. I admire the defense as a whole though bc theyre keeping games within reach despite its major weaknesses. They manage to get key stops which is all u can really ask of THIS defense. They arent going above and beyond in areas to generate turnovers, but they are getting big stops. If the offense could just sustain drives and score consistently....AND not turn the ball over theyll be fine.

I agree on this, I think the defense could have stepped up a little more in games this season as well. The lack of turnovers/sacks are pretty frustrating but then again this could be the real defense that we were scared would come. 3rd downs have been an issue this season as well in the biggest of moments. Maybe this team is just "average".

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I agree on this, I think the defense could have stepped up a little more in games this season as well. The lack of turnovers/sacks are pretty frustrating but then again this could be the real defense that we were scared would come. 3rd downs have been an issue this season as well in the biggest of moments. Maybe this team is just "average".
    Their record definitely indicates that they're average or mediocre. Let's hope that they can turn up the heat here in the final 2 weeks.

Banned
    We don't bring heat anymore. It's basically cover 2 now. Blitzburgh has been dead for almost 3 years.

My Mood
    Asleep
    I think the players folded after the Chargers lost. They know it and we know it that this team is just average and the San Diego lose pretty much put the bullet in them. I believe the team dynamics are so divided that half of the players have already packed up for the season and just waiting for it to get over. Just my opinion.

Thread Information