Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayan Calander Signals End of Era; for Steelers Too?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Doubtful

Mayan Calander Signals End of Era; for Steelers Too?

Even if the Steelers slip into the Playoffs this year, nobody seems to have great expectations. The stars that drove the team to three AFC titles in the past seven years seem to be, for the most part, past their prime or lacking in "magic."
    The current team seems vastly less hopeful than the 2005 team that got hot at the close of the year a went on a wild Wildcard run to win SB40.
    A younger and more energetic Bengals team is now poised to knock the Steelers out of contention (out of their misery?).
    It's feeling more and more like the end of an era...with players like Harrison, Polamalu, Hampton, Foote, etc., singing their so-called swan song.
    Even Rothlisberger, in his prime, is beginning to wear on people. Fact is, for years he's relied on the league's stingiest defense in terms of points allowed. Though ranked #1 overall, this year's defense is giving up close to 21 points per game, ranking 20th, and eerily similar to 2009, when the Steelers LAST MISSED THE PLAYOFFS.
    Fact is, under Big Ben, the Steelers have never come close to matching the scoring prowess of the NFL's elite offenses.
    With the need to re-tool so glaringly apparent, is Big Ben suddenly on the trading block for 2013? Would he be happier in Arizona--"Steelers West," re-uniting with Ken Wisenhut or his possible replacement, Ben's beloved Arians?
    B4 anybody goes ballistic, just remember: the end of an era is not the end of the freakin' world.
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    If they trade Ben I hope they go 0-16.

Banned
    Fact is, under Big Ben, the Steelers have never come close to matching the scoring prowess of the NFL's elite offenses
    Not allowed. Because once we get a big lead? We stop throwing the football.

My Mood
    Addicted
    retarded thread, absolutely ****ing stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Mayan Calander Signals End of Era; for Steelers Too?

The problem with the Steelers is very simple. Its execution....Not lack of talent. Why were there 8 turnovers against the Browns? Why do the Steelers allow 'weaker' teams to impact their season? Not only did the Steelers barely win against an insignificant Chiefs team, they knocked Ben out for 3 games! The Steelers are also too conservative. They go easy on teams. Theres little urgency when it comes to scoring points. There seems to be a 'we'll get em next time' approach in offensive series. Look at the Patriots. They have no mercy on opponents. Thats how the Steelers should play. Belichek and Brady accept nothing short of perfection. Thats how the Steelers need to be. The Steelers squander opportunities all the time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Mayan Calander Signals End of Era; for Steelers Too?

Lack a talent all the way! Our 4th string DB's suck balls!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, we have a coach who doesn't demand excellence from his players. He really doesn't. Then, we have a GM who refuses to use all the tools (free agency) at his disposal. And the GM's talent evaluation is highly questionable after the first 2 rounds of the draft.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Mayan Calander Signals End of Era; for Steelers Too?

Maybe Tomlin isnt as tough as he appears.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Banned
    Not using free agency for outside help is a Rooney thing. Not a Colbert thing. For a 2nd tier guy? Sure. But very rarely do they go after a top free agent. Jeff Hartings and to an extent James Farrior are the exceptions to the rule.

I don't know I guess I respect coach Tomlin, I just do not think he's a great coach,he's more of a mental therapist than head coach.

Thread Information