Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

Bookmark and Share
    This whole thing is blown out of proportion, the interview after the game. Ben hardly threw Haley under the bus.

Banned
    Sorry I didn't have the basics right Mr.Crash but what difference does it make when he said it. He goes from we lost the game because of me.
    He said he lost the game. He also said, that HE was the one who called the play for Wallace when the pick was thrown.

THEN he was asked, why wasn't Heath involved more in the second half?

And he said WE (Not HE, not Haley) didn't call the right plays to get him involved more.

There's a big difference when things are said. You can say things out of frustration after a game, and then realize later you were wrong. Peyton threw his linemen under the bus a day AFTER we beat him. Which makes it even worse.

It's just the same old story he messes up then takes the blame I don't understand how that makes him a leader.
    Take the blame, deflect the praise. All leaders do it.

Out of the 9 years he's been here how many times has he been voted a captain?
    I believe four. Or should I say more times than Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith were, COMBINED.

I guess they aren't liked either.

Ben became a captain in his 5th season.

Took the alleged "leader of the wideouts" Hines Ward, EIGHT.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    He said he lost the game. He also said, that HE was the one who called the play for Wallace when the pick was thrown.

THEN he was asked, why wasn't Heath involved more in the second half?

And he said WE (Not HE, not Haley) didn't call the right plays to get him involved more.

There's a big difference when things are said. You can say things out of frustration after a game, and then realize later you were wrong. Peyton threw his linemen under the bus a day AFTER we beat him. Which makes it even worse.

Take the blame, deflect the praise. All leaders do it.

I believe four. Or should I say more times than Troy Polamalu and Aaron Smith were, COMBINED.

I guess they aren't liked either.
    Look I knew the reaction I would get for posting something negative about Ben. Like I said the op talked about how he admired Ben in defeat. Well I have the opposite feeling watching him in defeat I just think its staged and he's fake. I dont think he speaks his mine after a game i think he tries to say what everyone wants him to. just like the way he acts with his injuries he blows them outta proportion to make himself look like a warrior. I'm not trying to compare him to anyone not: Peyton, Kordell, Troy, or Aaron. I've never looked at Ben as leader of this team wether its after a win or loss. I think he is hands down our best player by a mile I just don't believe a word he says. That's all I was trying to do was give a different perspective than the op had. Have a good day everyone.

Banned
    YOU DID compare him to Peyton.

Don't backtrack now that I shut you up about him.

Yeah blows injuries out of proportion. According to who? You?

That broken nose in Baltimore, let me guess that was fake too, right?

Besides the broken nose, Ben is a drama queen to a certain extent. You can just ask us on the forums. Most of us think that.

Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

Oh boy!!!

Draft Pick

You are the one that brought Peyton into this thread so you get your facts straight. I'm not backtracking I'm just not trying to get this thread off track. You have your opinion about Ben I have mine.

Banned
    What you have is fantasy.

Sort of like all those quotes that Ben supposedly says "every time we lose" when he blames his OC.

Just like when you brought up his captaincy. You implied that no one likes him because he was not named captain enough (Even though he has been named captain 4 times compared to zero for guys like Smith and Troy).

Most of Ben's problems are when fans who don't follow this team or have the slightest clue about it, jump down his throat for no reason.
    Last edited by Crash; 12-18-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Waterboy
    Not sure how some people up here can say Ben throws his o coordinator under the bus every time he loses. Pretty sure we lost quite a few games with Arians as OC and Ben was never one to throw him under the bus.

But he makes a minor comment, one that most of us would agree with, and now hes deflecting the blame to Haley and not being a man. It just amazes me how we can have posts up here about the terrible playcalling and Ben makes a minor comment about his TE who was unstoppable not being used at all in the 2nd half, and now hes selling people out to save his own a#$.

I realize because of his past alot of people are never going to be a big supporter of Ben regardless of what changes he makes or how he carries himself. I would just like all these haters to name another player on this team who has played with more heart and busted his a#$ more to salvage this season, or any other, than Ben. I dont care if he can be dramatic at times, if thats what he needs to motivate himself than so be it. On a team that has been the epitome of inconsistent Ben has put together possibly his best season statistically, in a completely new offensive scheme, with an underperforming oline and running game, inconsistent WRs, and the usual injuries. Without this guy we wouldnt have won anywhere near the amount of games we have since he joined the team, including those nice shiny lombardi trophies. So if the guy has an issue with the playcalling then hes got every right to voice his opinion as far as im concerned.

Banned
    People seem to forget that Bradshaw was MUCH WORSE, to his organization, and his head coach, than Ben ever has been.

Revisionist history is a real bitch.

Thread Information