Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Ben is the only leader this team has right now. You can have your opinion of him and thats fine. Truth is besides Ben who else stands up and says anything??? Who tries to do something ? Im a huge Harrison fan but all this BS with FB and Tweets crying about this and that .. Wallace crying about wanting big money then playing like crap on the field, not trying, lacking heart? Brown coughing the ball up, Mendy not coming to a game then saying he didnt think he had to?? you drop people like Ward and Farrior and someone needs to stand up and honestly nobody has. I hate the ravens with a passion but you cant deny the fact that Ray Lewis is their leader being in the game or on the sidelines the guy is jumping people and screaming to get his team going.. This team doesnt have that! Hate on Ben all you want but hes it.

My Mood
    Doubtful
    Has anybody considered that the hit to the head Ben took from a Dallas lineman may have negatively affected his performance down the stretch?
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    Nope. Haley lost the game when it was 3rd and 4 and we needed 7 yads for a field goal and he had 3 WRs being covered by 5 Dallas defenders and no check downs because Miller AND Redman were blocking.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Has anybody considered that the hit to the head Ben took from a Dallas lineman may have negatively affected his performance down the stretch?
    That is a good point and yes I do think Ben was effected.....Really a time out should have been called right after that hit.......I think a timeout was called a play or two later....which made no sense.......

Draft Pick
    All I was saying is I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Just Ben no one else. He is the best player on the team. He is one of the toughest players in the league. I'm not hating on Ben I just think he is as fake as they come.

He complained about the play calling in front of the media., basically criticized Hayley's play calling. If he has beef with the OC, he should work it out in the locker room.

Ben probably misses Bruce Arians...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    That is a good point and yes I do think Ben was effected.....Really a time out should have been called right after that hit.......I think a timeout was called a play or two later....which made no sense.......
    Ben is a tough dude...I watched Brady take bigger hits against the 49ers.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Ben is a tough dude...I watched Brady take bigger hits against the 49ers.
    I never said Ben wasn't a tough dude......I have been on record in saying Ben is the toughest QB in the NFL......But still Ben's head was rattled from Ware giving him basically a head slap Deacon Jones style......Ben might have been a bit dazed and confused after taking that shot to the head......Ben has enough head trauma in his career that he doesn't need anymore.....

Steelers ran 61 plays on Sunday and only 15 attempted rushes by RB's. This will not win games and it certainly will not close games in the 4th quarter with a lead. When the Steelers beat the Bengals earlier this year, they had 70 total plays and 29 of them were running plays.

As Elite as Ben is, if you don't commit to the running game to at least slow down the pass rush, you're wasting your time. Saw a ton of WR screens, but no traditional HB screens. Why? These are plays that slow down a pass rush.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Steelers ran 61 plays on Sunday and only 15 attempted rushes by RB's. This will not win games and it certainly will not close games in the 4th quarter with a lead. When the Steelers beat the Bengals earlier this year, they had 70 total plays and 29 of them were running plays.

As Elite as Ben is, if you don't commit to the running game to at least slow down the pass rush, you're wasting your time. Saw a ton of WR screens, but no traditional HB screens. Why? These are plays that slow down a pass rush.
    If AB doesn't fumble the Steelers win the game........AB's mistake didn't allow the Steelers offense to close out the game with a 24-17 lead.........

Thread Information