Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

One reason I truly admire Roethlisberger is that when the days are darkest he attempts to deflect the blame away from the team. He has done this countless times over the years.

In his position, it would be very easy to blame other players or make excuses. This all speaks well to his character or his 'true' self if you will. He leads by example especially when times are as they are now...

Mike Ditka once said that leadership and character are two things that cannot be coached or taught. The team that we all love here cannot win them all. I saw no player give up last Sunday.

I saw players who fought to the end and perhaps tried to do too much. Mistakes were made but who among us is perfect? In the bright light of fierce athletic competition no one on earth can perform without making physical or mental errors.

If there is a face to the Steelers' organization and if that face is Ben Roethlisberger, I would far prefer to have a man of compassion and deep understanding at the helm who realizes that there are even more important things in life than winning.

The bible teaches us that 'in times of adversity, you will know who your friends are'. A very dear person in my life used to say 'when there is trouble, people run'. It takes a good man to lay down his life for another and in a real way, in my mind, Roethlisberger does this repeatedly in times of adversity and is a true example of leadership and moral courage.
    Last edited by lancer89074; 12-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

I admire him as well. Although he did throw Haley under the bus concerning Heath Miller's vanishing act in the second quarter. Bens OT pick did seal the teams fate last week, but it was a series of mistakes late in the game that really hurt. The Steelers couldve gone up 2 scores in the 4th quarter, but Browns fumble prevented that.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Ya everyone, even ben knows who the real goats are.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer89074 View Post
    One reason I truly admire Roethlisberger is that when the days are darkest he attempts to deflect the blame away from the team. He has done this countless times over the years.

In his position, it would be very easy to blame other players or make excuses. This all speaks well to his character or his 'true' self if you will. He leads by example especially when times are as they are now...

Mike Ditka once said that leadership and character are two things that cannot be coached or taught. The team that we all love here cannot win them all. I saw no player give up last Sunday.

I saw players who fought to the end and perhaps tried to do too much. Mistakes were made but who among us is perfect? In the bright light of fierce athletic competition no one on earth can perform without making physical or mental errors.

If there is a face to the Steelers' organization and if that face is Ben Roethlisberger, I would far prefer to have a man of compassion and deep understanding at the helm who realizes that there are even more important things in life than winning.

The bible teaches us that 'in times of adversity, you will know who your friends are'. A very dear person in my life used to say 'when there is trouble, people run'. It takes a good man to lay down his life for another and in a real way, in my mind, Roethlisberger does this repeatedly in times of adversity and is a true example of leadership and moral courage.
    I hate it every time we lose its the same scripted garbage from him every week. The fact is if you are an elite qb in this league and you have the ball with a chance to win the game and you throw it directly to the opposing team then yes it's your fault. Of course it's not just him but I think he just says after every game "oh I'm sorry this loss is on me I take full responsibility so people say things like you just said. I know a lot of people here think he's a changed man but IMO he's the same fake immature punk that he was when he started here. I love him as a player on the field but I don't believe one word that comes out of this clowns mouth off the field. I may be wrong but that's my opinion of him when he takes the blame.

Banned
    Ben always takes the blame, even when he's not the reason.

That's what leaders do. That's what Peyton Manning DIDN'T do when we kicked his *** in 2005.

Kordell Stewart? NEVER took blame, EVER!

Ben Roethlisberger In Defeat

Leaders win thus avoiding blame taking! J/k lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

DL should stand up and take the blame...not adjusting oure game to his defense as it is...

Watching veteran OLB's sack noone for 4 qtrs is mind boggling and frustrating... 0 INT's is another whopper....

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben always takes the blame, even when he's not the reason.

That's what leaders do. That's what Peyton Manning DIDN'T do when we kicked his *** in 2005.

Kordell Stewart? NEVER took blame, EVER!
    Lol at this. That's what I'm trying to say no matter what happens in the game Ben stands up and says that's on me. I really can't believe you tried saying Ben is a leader and Peyton isn't. Ben is fake always has been always will be. He is our quarterback and on the field I cheer and support him 100%. Off the field the way he carries himself he is a punk. What other "leader" do you see throwing their offensive coordinator under the bus every time they lose? Sure wont see Peyton doing that. After each game he gets in front of everyone and says " it's my fault we loss" well when you throw the ball right to the other team your damn right it's your fault. Then a day later he gets in front of the reporters and instead of saying " that's on me" he says well we didn't call the right plays????? You are a grown man talk to Haley about that not everyone else. That's what my point is Ben feeds everyone and acts like a leader but saying is a lot easier that doing. This is the same guy in the offseason that said his golfing trip was preparation for the upcoming season hahahahahahahaha sure thing Ben. If you said it that must mean it's true right? I don't like bashing Ben but some of you need to take off the Steelers colored glasses and open your eyes to all this guys garbage.

Banned
    What other "leader" do you see throwing their offensive coordinator under the bus every time they lose?
    Let's see those quotes. Get to work.

Sure wont see Peyton doing that.
    Peyton threw his linemen under the bus after we beat him in the playoffs.

After each game he gets in front of everyone and says " it's my fault we loss" well when you throw the ball right to the other team your damn right it's your fault. Then a day later he gets in front of the reporters and instead of saying " that's on me" he says well we didn't call the right plays?
    Um, no, Ben said that AFTER the game. He did not speak to the media Monday nor today.

Get the basics right first, then talk.

Draft Pick
    [QUOTE=Crash;529117]Let's see those quotes. Get to work.

Peyton threw his linemen under the bus after we beat him in the playoffs.

Um, no, Ben said that AFTER the game. He did not speak to the media Monday nor today.

Get the basics right first, then talk.[/

Sorry I didn't have the basics right Mr.Crash but what difference does it make when he said it. He goes from we lost the game because of me. Then in the same interview throws the offensive coordinator under the bus. I thought we lost because of Ben not because of Haley. Look I'm not trying to compare Ben to anyone else. All I was trying to do is look at it from a different perspective than the op. It's just the same old story he messes up then takes the blame I don't understand how that makes him a leader. I can understand if he truly felt that way but I just don't buy it. I think he just says what everyone wants to hear to make himself look better. Out of the 9 years he's been here how many times has he been voted a captain? I don't know the answer and I don't want to be called out about having my facts straight so what is the number once,twice?

Thread Information