Thread: The basics

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

The basics

Hey guys,

I have viewed the forums for a long time. I am always interested to read what other fans think of the team. Its clear that some posts go up when people are angry and upset. I understand, and trust me I can see how, the way this year is going you would have the right to do. Im not sure this is every really discussed in great depth and if it is sorry.
    Iíve noticed this year and maybe its because of the many losses to mediocre teams... This Steelers team just seems way to unprepared for game day. I get all the injuries and meshing yea yea i get that. My problem is first of all the fumbles??? The browns game was absolutely atrocious! Obviously a better team wouldíve have blew us out like 50 -7. Why does it seem like we never have a game plan for the team we are playing that week? What do these guys do for practice that would make them look like this on game day? I mean is practice playing madden on xbox now? The poor tackling, the fumbles?, the injuries I feel like there is a major disconnect during practice and it shows for game day. Why is it that the announcers have said the past two weeks . The chargers and the cowboys have busted patch work O lines and we cant get through them? How could this team make Tony Romo look like a great QB with Miles Austin when other teams have shown that he is only a good QB at best. The numerous dropped passes from the future Wrs of this team which made way for the release of Ward is looking like a huge mistake. Ward is old yea I get it but dude couldíve played one more year and he could catch the ball ! He was dependable. The fundamental errors that some of these players are making, this late in the season just leaves me puzzled. There is no fire from this team at all, no intensity. The coaching staff either doesnít prepare this team or the team is not buying into the coaching either way something needs to change because you donít beat a team like the ravens and the giants then lose to teams like the titans and raiders. You can say what you want about this season and point fingers at Troy and Harrison who have been trying with injuries. Ben who is the only reason we have even been close in some of these games. At the end of the day the 2012 Steelers have been their worst own enemy. This team has had every opportunity to beat every team they have played this year and the mistakes have cost them. They just havenít had that golden horseshoe like the ravens

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Like chuck noll said, in the end it comes down to the fundamentals. Blocking and tackling better. Outhitting the opponent. Its that simple. Things we are not doing.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    The same players that make the same mistakes every week are not only put back in the game but praised by the coach!.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Can Chuck Knoll come back? Please?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    At 80 years old not sure I want to see Coach Noll roaming the sidelines but I would welcome his approach and ideals.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Simple case of lack of execution, mental lapses, not staying healthy.

Thread Information