Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Dude the ****** *** jets still have a shot at the playoffs! The Steelers will not back in the playoffs regardless. They will have to win both games to get in at 9-7. If they lose sunday, they are done officially and Bengals will be in. As bad as they've been they still control there own destiny. Both games are at home.Its all set in stone. Although they've done nothing lately to lead me to believe they will do this.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Who demands excellence from the players? Who's holding them accountable?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

i want them to make the playoffs, and i think they probably will as sad as it might be for the AFC but theres no reason to say they shouldnt make the playoffs if they are the most deserving team left in the AFC.

they should have beat the cowboys, and a few other games this year...while it might look like theyve lost the ability to win games i promise that an overtime heartbreaker isnt the nail in the coffin for this team for the next 10 years. some adjustments have to be made but they took the broncos down to the wire before this season and theyve broken peytons spirits before so if they draw the broncos in the wild card round i think they will probably be right in that game (peyton isnt exactly a world beater in the playoffs)

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't wan to make the P.O.'s because 1. i don't know what team will show up the one who took it to the Giants, or the team who lost to Oakland. 2. Because we need high picks in this year draft ,so we can reload we have some big decisions to make this off season concerning Troy, Harrison, Slyvester,Hampton,Foote,Kiesel, Starks, etc...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i want them to make the playoffs, and i think they probably will as sad as it might be for the AFC but theres no reason to say they shouldnt make the playoffs if they are the most deserving team left in the AFC.

they should have beat the cowboys, and a few other games this year...while it might look like theyve lost the ability to win games i promise that an overtime heartbreaker isnt the nail in the coffin for this team for the next 10 years. some adjustments have to be made but they took the broncos down to the wire before this season and theyve broken peytons spirits before so if they draw the broncos in the wild card round i think they will probably be right in that game (peyton isnt exactly a world beater in the playoffs)
    The Steelers will never be down for a 10 year period but I just don't know what to think about this team this year......Such a frustrating team to watch......I love the young WR's but I question the mental toughness of all three of them right now.....I'm just glad Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis look like they will be playing this week.......If Lewis and Allen were both out Sunday then I think the game could get pretty ugly........Todd Haley needs to stop handcuffing this offense and just let Ben do this thing since time is running out on the seasons.....Sure it was nice protecting Ben more but its time for the shackles to come off......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    We don't deserve to make the playoffs. If you would've told me in July when I was in LaTrobe for camp that we were going to lose to the Titans, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys, and Chargers (and take KC into OT!!!!) I probably would've given you a mushroom tattoo on the cheek and said "ARE YOU CRAZY?!? LOOK AT ALL THIS TALENT!"

So disappointed in this team this year. The season looked so freaking promising on paper.
    I don't know why your surprised. A lot of folks have been saying this team was an 8-8 team and no better then 10-6 since the start of the season. I knew since last season this team was overrated. Go back to last season and look at that 12-4 record and see who they beat. Proof was in the pudding when they got Tebowed. You think this season is bad wait till next year. The defense is in decline and offensive line is a train wreck. This team has no talented backups in just about every position when a player goes down on injuries. The rebuilding has to start at the end of this season and it will take a couple of bad seasons to get a good team on the field. BTW "TALENT' alone doesn't win championships. Defense, heart, and mental toughness trumps talent every time when it comes to winning games and championships.
    Last edited by SuperSteelers; 12-18-2012 at 11:25 PM.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I don't know why your surprised. A lot of folks have been saying this team was an 8-8 team and no better then 10-6 since the start of the season. I knew since last season this team was overrated. Go back to last season and look at that 12-4 record and see who they beat. Proof was in the pudding when they got Tebowed. You think this season is bad wait till next year. The defense is in decline and offensive line is a train wreck. This team has no talented backups in just about every position when a player goes down on injuries. The rebuilding has to start at the end of this season and it will take a couple of bad seasons to get a good team on the field. BTW "TALENT' alone doesn't win championships. Defense, heart, and mental toughness trumps talent every time when it comes to winning games and championships.
    You're right about the defense being on the decline due to aging players......But the offensive line is filled with high draft picks......Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert are four young OL so the OL very well could turn into a strength next year....Injuries is what made the OL a train wreck this year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You're right about the defense being on the decline due to aging players......But the offensive line is filled with high draft picks......Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert are four young OL so the OL very well could turn into a strength next year....Injuries is what made the OL a train wreck this year.....
    Was there a change in strength/conditioning coaches or pre-game routines in the last few years? I know some injuries are unavoidable but the off. line problems seem more than chance. Kugler's last year in Buffalo was the same thing...juggling off. line combinations all year. I wonder if his replacement will do something different to make a difference?
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    Was there a change in strength/conditioning coaches or pre-game routines in the last few years? I know some injuries are unavoidable but the off. line problems seem more than chance. Kugler's last year in Buffalo was the same thing...juggling off. line combinations all year. I wonder if his replacement will do something different to make a difference?
    I'm hoping the injuries are down with a new OL coach........I'm not sad to see Kugler go at all......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    A new O-line coach could be one of the biggest moves we make in the off-season. Clearly the O-line players must not be conditioning well. All these injuries are not just "bad luck".
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information