Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Agreed rhyno. I know we can't win the super bowl every year. But i do like a team that is competitive and in the playoffs and in the hunt. Thats how i judge if a season is successful or not. Whether we are in the playoffs or not.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    I had high hopes for this season but DeCastro,Spence,Adams etc.all got hurt, Ta Amu went nuts, and they don't even put their best players out on the field (ie using Hampton, Keisel,Harrison,Troy when they are all toast). So as much as it pains me to say this they don't deserve to be in the playoffs and would likely get slaughtered if they did.

Waterboy
    i agree sitting home for the playoffs this yr would be good for this team, as well as what they deserve. I think everyone on this team drank the kool-aid this offseason and thought "weve got all this talent, how can we not make the playoffs". I really liked tomlin his first few seasons. He came in with an attitude and a desire to show this was his team. he made tough decisions like releasing and benching veterans and had the team on alert that if they didnt perform, they wouldnt play. And it showed on the field, guys played with a passion and fire that is non-existent this yr.

And i feel this falls on Tomlins shoulders. Hes become to buddy-buddy with his players rather than being the voice of authority. Maybe tomlin put too much trust in his players, figured these are men who know what is expected and so far theyve delivered so maybe i can tone back on the dictator role. Wrong choice Mike. These players are pampered millionaires who if not held accountable arent capable of being disciplined and prepared.

I think the veteran leadership that has discipated over the years of Tomlin in charge had for the first few years made it where Tomlin didnt have to be the bad guy and call out underperformers or even set an example for what kind of preparation was expected from this organization. This has become painfully obvious over the past few seasons.

I still believe Tomlin is a good coach and the ship can be righted. But a season like this where its looking likely we will miss the playoffs is whats needed to knock him off his high horse. The talent is there, the gameplan may not be perfect but its mot the reason were losing, the lack of focus and execution is why this team loses to less talented teams. I think how the players and coaches respond next yr will determine whether Tomlin has what it takes to be the leader he needs to be. Just hate that it took a season like this to hopefully wake this team up

Banned
    Place the blame where it belongs, on the meddling owner who's more interested in doing favors for old hired hands than winning football games.

"Haley's Vomit" has failed. As many expected it would.

This team was a walking MASH unit... Problem is... what crash said kinda. the new guy sits for three years. so when the veterans go down, no one has real time game experience well ST.

How many games did 90,93, 27, 30, 28, 55, 97....... play before this year... at least they have some time under their belts now.

Then the rookies.. Spence, DD, Gilbert, Tamu, Adams out.. Our number 6 68 played....

The Bengals are playing Burfict.. Let alone all the other #1's and 2's they have and their all on the field getting in sync...

The only sync were in is the ship sinking with injuries...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd rather miss the playoffs and have a higher slot in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.
    I understand how you feel about your other points. I don't think fans reactions influence the ownership at all. If it did they would never be as successful as they have been the last 40 years.

I hope we make the playoffs.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I hope we make the playoffs too. But not to change the thread, goodell wants to add more playoff spots, I disagree. The playoffs are supposed to be the best of the best. Not mediocrity. I dont want 7-9 and 8-8 teams in the playoffs.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    I hope we make the playoffs too. But not to change the thread, goodell wants to add more playoff spots, I disagree. The playoffs are supposed to be the best of the best. Not mediocrity. I dont want 7-9 and 8-8 teams in the playoffs.
    It all comes down to $$$$$ more playoff spots means more $$$$. I do want to see our boys in the playoffs for the simple reason it's a totally new game. Do they deserve to be in the playoffs,fu$k NO.The problem with this team IMO is it lacks that team play,it just seems everyone is for themselves.The win against Baltimore this year was a team win.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I want to make the playoffs as well and will never under any circumstances not cheer for this team to miss the playoffs. Yes this Steelers team has a lot of problems in a lot of areas that I think need to be and will be addressed in the off-season. But the bottom line is it's not the off-season yet and like a lot of people keep saying if you get in the playoffs with a QB as good as Ben Roethlisberger anything can happen. The Steelers can still actually get a home game here in these playoffs still by still having a chance to win this division if they win out and the Ravens who are playing terrible right now lose out which is very very possible. So let's just calm down now for the time being and get ready to enjoy a huge huge game this weekend at Heinz Field. I cant wait for this Bengals game it is going to feel like a playoff game...

Thread Information