Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Dont watch the rest of the regular season. Just wait until the draft comes around then. What is the difference if they win out and make the playoffs only to be bounced out again in the first round? That would put Tomlin and Company under even more pressure than losing the next two games. If you talking about winning out and losing the playoff games, what are we talking draft position wise? 1 later pick or 2? Already how it is, this team is still going to be picking 18 or later. This draft class is weak. Im a Tomlin supporter but if he would get his head out of his *** and play rookies more than we can see what we have instead of them playing special teams for 2 years, then when they finally do play and they suck, it was a waste of 2 seasons. I want them to make the playoffs, you can call it homerism, but that is what being a fan is about.

If they lose to cincy, all I want to see if Sylvester has got what it takes to play middle lb with Timmons and see what happens. Id like to see McLendon start instead of Hamp and Id like to see Heyward start instead of Kiesel.
    This right here is what it all comes down too ... why don't we have depth on the defense side of the ball ??? BECAUSE THE YOUNG GUYS GET NO F'N TIME TO PLAY ... YOU DO NOT F'N LEARN by watching the game on the sideline and playing special teams

Dicks defense is so complicated players need 2 + years before they can even see the field??? ... GET THAT ISH OUT OF HERE ... that's a bunch of baloney

GIVE THE YOUNG GUYS TIME

this team took the broncos down to the wire, beat the **** out of the up and down patriots last season (they arent exactly pummling their opponent on the week in and week out basis) and the texans are far from unbeatable....they may be the best teams in the AFC, but the best teams weeks 1-17 are not uncommonly not the best team in the playoffs...steelers have won as the WC, giants have won as being the worst team in the playoffs and even the packers beat the steelers as a WC.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This team doesn't deserve to make the playoffs. The inconstancy's from each unit has put this season in the toilet. There is no way that this team makes the playoffs and magically plays a complete game.

Plus...it we don't make the playoffs, it will put a specific microscope on Tomlin, Colbert, Le Beau, the "young money" WR crew as well as the lack of pass rush. Not to mention O-line and RB issues.

These people and areas need to be addressed. And making the playoffs would disillusion people into thinking that we are close. We are not close.

We need accountability in this organization.

1.Who's holding AB accountable for his repeated fumbles in three games this year?
    2.Who's holding the poor tackling by this team in 4 big games this year?
    3.Who's holding Wallace accountable for his lackadaisical attitude for at least half this season?
    4.Who's accountable for the lack of push up the middle of the D-line for the last 3 years?
    5.Why can't our organization use free agency a little bit?

My point is that we need someone to be the bottom line and for there to be repercussions for lack of performance. Currently, we have none.

And to get it, we need to be embarrassed by not making the playoffs. Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.
    But if you don't want them to make the playoffs, tell me which Ohio **** team do you want them to lose to....or both?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Stupid thread...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    And to get it, we need to be embarrassed by not making the playoffs. Which will energize our fan base to yell and scream at the Ronny's and General Manager Colbert to do better.
    The above may be the dumbest line in history. Yeah, the "fan base" will fix this team. If they ran it, we would be a 2-14 team annually.

We have one of the most solid organizations in all of sports. ALL teams (especially in a salary cap sport) go through a down time or rebuild phase. This is a "down" year and we are still on the cusp of the playoffs. There may be about 20 other teams thrilled to have such a "down" year.

And yeah, let's yell and scream at the "Ronny's" (sicX2) and Colbert. It will surely make them better at evaluating talent. (Sarcasm)

Finally, if missing the playoffs one year is what we need, then by your "logic" missing it for five years (maybe an 0-16 season mixed in there) will be even better. It should get the fan base ginned up enough to motivate the "Ronny's" and Colbert to provide us with about 10 Super Bowls in a row.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    tarlsqtr, shut up. You live to start ****. You don't have real dialog. Dick head.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

A loss to the Bengals would surely be unacceptable to management and would get the ball rolling for change. But, to be fair, management needs to look in the mirror too. Not using free agency has to be changed. It just does.

I'm for anything that will bring about some changes. And an embarrassing loss at home would do the trick and put the whole Steeler team under the microscope.

Well, as I predicted, a loss.

Now we will get some real change around here. It will be a rough off-season for Tomlin, Haley and the players. And that's just what they need. For management and the fans to get into their *** for the next six months!! Love it.

Now we will get some real change around here. It will be a rough off-season for Tomlin, Haley and the players. And that's just what they need. For management and the fans to get into their *** for the next six months!! Love it.
    Since when do coaches/players/management listen to fans?

Draft Pick

Art Rooney is not without blame. He wanted the Steelers to play this style of football, even when it was clear they were not built to do it, and now they will be 7-9 or 8-8 because of it.

Maybe the Arians offense took too many unnecessary risks, but this offense just plays close to the vest all of the time. If you were dinking-and-dunking to sucker teams in, and then take shots down field, then you could justify this offense. However, when you don't take shots at all and just continue to dink-and-dunk, it's evident that you're just playing scared.

Thread Information