Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Every year, I expect the Steelers to make the playoffs and hope for the Super Bowl. Even after a up and down year like this season, I really want to see them make the playoffs. We are not the only team that has been up and down this year, even with all that, we are still at .500. There are 16 teams in the NFL that wish they were at .500 and have a chance at making the playoffs. We can't be 12-4 every year, there will be years when not everything goes right every game. So to say "I don't want the Steelers to make the playoffs" is not only ridiculous but sounds a bit selfish to me. Tell the players you don't want them to make the playoffs, see how they react, I bet every one who says that gets a fat lip or a broken jaw......

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Every year, I expect the Steelers to make the playoffs and hope for the Super Bowl. Even after a up and down year like this season, I really want to see them make the playoffs. We are not the only team that has been up and down this year, even with all that, we are still at .500. There are 16 teams in the NFL that wish they were at .500 and have a chance at making the playoffs. We can't be 12-4 every year, there will be years when not everything goes right every game. So to say "I don't want the Steelers to make the playoffs" is not only ridiculous but sounds a bit selfish to me. Tell the players you don't want them to make the playoffs, see how they react, I bet every one who says that gets a fat lip or a broken jaw......
    Well said !! It doesn't make sense to me to say " I don't want to see them in the play offs ". Granted they may not make it far but who knows how far they make it? If they make the playoffs and go on a roll all the way to and win the SB ,would those same people say " well don't give them the Lombardi ,they don't deserve it"... in a word NO. All that can be asked of the team is to make the playoffs that is the only way for them to have a chance. That's when all the records go back to 0-0 and everybody is equal again !!
    At this point what does the team gain by not qualifying for the playoffs, an earlier draft pick in the teens?? there are no sure things in the draft except maybe the top 5 to maybe 10. A pick in the late teens doesn't assure us any thing. Call me a homer or whatever you want but I still would rather see at least 1 more week of STEELERS football , then having to wait until the draft or training camp !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    we've not had too many real high round draft picks in the last 40 years. but we've done alright.

as herm edwards said "you play to win the games".
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Draft Pick
    I WANT them to make the playoffs and everybody here does....so u all routing for Cinci this week WTF is wrong with all of those that wish this scenerio. going 9-7 and losing in 1st round will still make a statement of this thread anyway

but getting an asswipping from the Pats in wild card is my worse nightmare and it's looking like they're getting the 3 seed

What??? It this a serious thread. Why wouldnt we want them to make the playoffs? Isnt that every fans hope at the beginning of the season? Seems selfish to me because some fans would be happy as hell to be .500, Early draft picks dont mean ****. Look at the Browns/Chiefs/Raiders for example who have always had early draft picks it seems the past decade and there teams still arent panning out. Well except the browns. This draft class isnt all that strong anyway. Would it be nice to have an early pick? Yes, but damn, lets just hope we make the playoffs are alone have a .500 season atleast.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Call me a homer or whatever you want but I still would rather see at least 1 more week of STEELERS football , then having to wait until the draft or training camp !!!
    This is really what it boils-down-to for me. We, as fans, are only "guaranteed" 16 Steeler games a year. Every playoff game is icing on the cake. I don't care how ****** the Steelers look (They are not always going to be the best team in the NFL), I still want to see them play as many games as possible and anything can happen in the NFL - just get to the playoffs and see what happens.

High draft picks are for losers and changes are coming for this team no matter how far they make it this year. It seems as though some here are really fans of Lombardi Trophies more than they are Steeler fans.
    Last edited by Rhyno; 12-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Losing is good because it causes an organization to make changes. That's why losing this year may be for the best.

Question:

If your going to spend money on the position, do you resign Mike Wallace or do you sign Dwayne Bowe? Just asking.
    Wallace will get the francise tag next year but if i had my way i would trade him to st.louis or indy for there 1st round pick then we would have 2.he needs to gain 88.5 yards in each of the games left to reach 1000 yds. Bowe is a bigger head case than wallace and he's going into his 7th year and he only has 34 td's wallace has 32 in 4 yrs and bowe only has 900 more receiving yards so that tells me he's not worth 9.2 million a season
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 12-20-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    This is really what it boils-down-to for me. We, as fans, are only "guaranteed" 16 Steeler games a year. Every playoff game is icing on the cake. I don't care how ****** the Steelers look (They are not always going to be the best team in the NFL), I still want to see them play as many games as possible and anything can happen in the NFL - just get to the playoffs and see what happens.

High draft picks are for losers and changes are coming for this team no matter how far they make it this year. It seems as though some here are really fans of Lombardi Trophies more than they are Steeler fans.
    Nope. I'm a Steelers fans who wants more Lombardi Trophies. And at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. You are not going to games just to see guys run around in tights all the time with no prospects of winning. Your going to games with the hope of seeing your team work it's way to a championship.

As of right now, this team is like a wall with a bunch of plugged up holes and each game, a new hole springs a leak. And that isn't going to change by some miracle playoff appearance. I don't like the way we limped in last season and was embarrassed by a non-throwing QB. That didn't sit to well with me.

The term fan comes from the word "Fanatic". And some people in here are a "Fan" to the truest sense of the word. If this team makes the playoffs, that will be confirmation in the minds of Colbert & Tomlin that what their doing is right. And it isn't.
    Colbert and Tomlin have failed this organization for the last three years in their overall talent evaluation and handling of the team. It is time they be put under the microscope. That microscope might not happen if they make a one & done playoff appearance.

Embarrassment is a good tool for motivation. And I want Colbert and Tomlin motivated and pressured to do better at their jobs. Anyone who says that they want this team to make the playoffs, only to go to New England and be embarrassed by the Patriots shows their lack of football knowledge. Anyone who has watched this game as long as I have or longer knows that this current Steelers team can not and will not win anything this year.

We can not and will not beat the Patriots
    We can not and will not beat the Texans
    We can not and will not beat the Broncos

So it's time to turn our lemons into lemonade and use some embarrassment to find accountability from Tomlin & Colbert and the players.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    That microscope might not happen if they make a one & done playoff appearance.
    So, you do not think that Tomlin and Colbert are not already under the microscope? They have their hands on the controls of a franchise worth over a BILLION dollars. They are most definitely under the microscope.

Don't get me wrong, this team is not that good - pretty much the definition of average. But, in the NFL anything is possible. This team can beat the Texans, it can beat the Broncos (maybe). The Patriots do frighten me, but who knows, Tom Brady could injure his vaj and the Steelers could dominate them. The point is, anything can happen. Missing out on the playoffs is not going to magically make this team better.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This team can not beat the Texans
    This team can not beat the Broncos
    This team can not beat the Patriots.

That's your homerism talking.

And missing out on the playoffs CAN MAGICALLY MAKE THIS TEAM BETTER because it will bring about a HARD microscope and change.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information