Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Dude the ****** *** jets still have a shot at the playoffs! The Steelers will not back in the playoffs regardless. They will have to win both games to get in at 9-7. If they lose sunday, they are done officially and Bengals will be in. As bad as they've been they still control there own destiny. Both games are at home.Its all set in stone. Although they've done nothing lately to lead me to believe they will do this.
    THE ****** *** JETS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION

If we make the playoffs or not we will draft at roughly the same position unless we make it deep in the playoffs . I will never understand how a fan of a team thinks that losing is a good stratagy?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Losing is good because it causes an organization to make changes. That's why losing this year may be for the best.

Question:

If your going to spend money on the position, do you resign Mike Wallace or do you sign Dwayne Bowe? Just asking.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+

Re: I don't want this team to make the playoffs; And it would be better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Losing is good because it causes an organization to make changes. That's why losing this year may be for the best.

Question:

If your going to spend money on the position, do you resign Mike Wallace or do you sign Dwayne Bowe? Just asking.
    Dwayne Bowe is a clown. How many drops did he have against the Steelers this season? Greg Jennings will be a free agent after the season. Id love to have him sign with the Steelers. They need veteran leadership. And since the Ravens doesnt appreciate Ray Rice's talents, the Steelers should grab him too!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Excuses are tools of the incompetent

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You're right about the defense being on the decline due to aging players......But the offensive line is filled with high draft picks......Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams, Gilbert are four young OL so the OL very well could turn into a strength next year....Injuries is what made the OL a train wreck this year.....
    I agree that the o-line is filled with potential prospects that haven't panned out yet. The issue I'm having is how often they get injured and the fact the Steelers don't have any talented backups once the starters get injured. Most teams have a couple good guys that can come in and do a decent job when a starter goes down unlike the Steelers. One guy goes down and Ben is running for his life. They just don't have any decent backups.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I agree that the o-line is filled with potential prospects that haven't panned out yet. The issue I'm having is how often they get injured and the fact the Steelers don't have any talented backups once the starters get injured. Most teams have a couple good guys that can come in and do a decent job when a starter goes down unlike the Steelers. One guy goes down and Ben is running for his life. They just don't have any decent backups.
    You Sure? I leam more towards an OL that never had a chance to gel... This week will be 2 weeks they all play together back to back with no change right?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I totally agree about the line. With them playing being together..mix in a new O-line coach...and I think next season we'll finally get the O-line we've been looking for.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    I don't wan to make the P.O.'s because 1. i don't know what team will show up the one who took it to the Giants, or the team who lost to Oakland. 2. Because we need high picks in this year draft ,so we can reload we have some big decisions to make this off season concerning Troy, Harrison, Slyvester,Hampton,Foote,Kiesel, Starks, etc...
    this is the most retarded post ive ever seen. you dont want to see them in the playoffs because you dont know what team will show up? maybe they dont deserve to make the playoffs compared to previous steeler teams, maybe they arent as good as the team was in 05 and 08 and 10, 11 with 3 superbowl appearences and a 12-4 record...but the only reason to play the ****ing sport is to make the playoffs, what do you want the patriots or broncos to just be placed in the superbowl and forget the playoffs? just disgusting reasoning, because you dont know if they are going to play good or bad....jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Question:

losing is never good, having a shot at the playoffs whether it is by #1 seed or squaking in the 8th seed is whats good, not losing just because it might lead to some changes

and the answer to your question would be bowe. Bowe has had some of the worst QB play and #2 WR play and still has been able to produce a lot. Hes a big, physical WR who haley was brilliant with in his progression. I said that antonio brown needs mike wallace and vise versa but instead of being a crutch for each other to fall on, brown would be a tremendous compliment to bowe and we could probably hear the end of the nonsense that brown is a #1 receiver .

i like wallace but bowe is probably better, and probably more what the offense needs. plus haley loves having WRs that are big like he had with TO, Boldin, Bowe, Baldwin...ect

My Mood
    Addicted
    Do you think we could get Bowe + a pick in the draft for Wallace? If so, what round pick? 5th?

both will be free agents, probably would get a comp pick in the draft in the 5th round but they would have to pursue bowe as a FA and we know how that goes. Haley has his work cut out in talking the FO into signing a big free agent

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wouldn't mind seeing it happen...Bowe is a big body WR too

Thread Information