Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: David DeCastro Today

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    2nd String jnes1216's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    683

    David DeCastro Today

    I wasn't able to see the game today. Sounds like my stress levels are better off for that. I was just wondering how DeCastro played today? Thanks.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    He did OK. But he was confused on a blitz late and Ben got crunched.

    But he held up well.

  3. #3
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,705
    My Mood
    Manic
    actually i don't know who's block that was but someone missed it but one block i'd say he did great if we had taylor and cortez the game was over but at least we will draft high

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    but at least we will draft high
    They won't draft as high as you think. If the season ended right now, we'd be 17th. There are a couple 6-8 teams that we could potentially tie with and then the all the tie-breaker stuff kicks in which I'm not sure how that all shakes out. But I don't think we could jump all that much higher.

  5. #5
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,636

    David DeCastro Today

    He played subpar!

  6. #6
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    6,444
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    He played subpar!
    First Glimpse at DeCastro

    "It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastro played all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game, despite 45 snaps in pass protection. He formed a formidable pairing with C Maurkice Pouncey as the center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs."

    Sounds like anything but "subpar" for any O lineman, let alone a rookie making his first career start after pretty significant knee surgery.
    Last edited by Big T; 12-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.

  7. #7
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    First Glimpse at DeCastro

    "It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastro played all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game, despite 45 snaps in pass protection. He formed a formidable pairing with C Maurkice Pouncey as the center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs."

    Sounds like anything but "subpar" for any O lineman, let alone a rookie making his first career start after pretty significant knee surgery.
    I thought DeCastro was pretty solid overall especially considering coming back from knee surgery..........If the Steelers OL stays healthy next year then I think the Steelers could have the makings of a pretty special OL next year.....I hope Starks is brought back to be the vet LT and his leadership is huge for the OL....Nobody talks about how good Starks has been the past two years.........DeCastro and Adams are the keys though so I want to see those kids beast next year.......Marcus Gilbert should be in the mix as well and some think he could play OG.....I don't know if Foster will be back next year...Hopefully Willie Colon isn't back....

  8. #8
    Draft Pick NorCalSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    307
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    What is par for a rookie making his first start this late in the season after coming of IR ?

  9. #9
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,636

    David DeCastro Today

    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalSteel View Post
    What is par for a rookie making his first start this late in the season after coming of IR ?
    Average.. He was below that! Right now the whole line is below average so he just blended in!

  10. #10
    Starter SnakeEyes43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Average.. He was below that! Right now the whole line is below average so he just blended in!
    Agree, he was okay. I'm just glad he didn't stand out for playing like crap! He kinda just blended right in, like you said.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. David DeCastro spotted walking without a limp
    By connecticutsteel in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM
  2. David DeCastro - Break down and analysis
    By K Train in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
  3. David DeCastro, OG, Pittsburgh Steelers!!!
    By MDSteel15 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •