Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David DeCastro Today

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    At least he didn't get hurt ,which is my big concern with him not being in game shape.

If this line is not better next year with 3 number 1 picks (Adams was basically a #1 pick) then I dont know what the **** to think.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm glad I'm not the only one down on Pouncey.......As it was pointed his snaps have been **** lately but I do think Maurkice needs to spend more time in the weight room and add 15-20 pounds heading into next season........In my opinion Pouncey is to to light.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one down on Pouncey.......As it was pointed his snaps have been **** lately but I do think Maurkice needs to spend more time in the weight room and add 15-20 pounds heading into next season........In my opinion Pouncey is to to light.......
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The injuries have killed this team! I still don't get why we didn't play more bump coverage?? Could they not see romo attacking the soft coverage all day??
    Call it a hunch, but it was probably down to the fact that Josh Victorian and Curtis Brown were the two outside corners with Robert Golden playing slot. You have to adjust to what they are best in, considering the limitations of that particular lineup.

He played subpar!
    First Glimpse at DeCastro

"It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastro played all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game, despite 45 snaps in pass protection. He formed a formidable pairing with C Maurkice Pouncey as the center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs."

Sounds like anything but "subpar" for any O lineman, let alone a rookie making his first career start after pretty significant knee surgery.
    Last edited by Big T; 12-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.

David DeCastro Today

Subpar for me.. So let me get this right, it took you almost an fn week and 20 plus threads and hundreds of posts just to fn quote me? Man I wish I had your time!
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 12-20-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Guess we'll see what happens next season when the Steelers have their new O-line coach and how he works with these guys.

Subpar for me.. So let me get this right, it took you almost an fn week and 20 plus threads and hundreds of posts just to fn quote me? Man I wish I has your time!
    Lol stop taking things so personally. I haven't been on much at all this week before today. I was catching up on some threads and happen to remember seeing this little excerpt from an article.

And yes, just finished finals today (hence me not being on all week. Finals week as a biology/pre-med major isn't much fun lol), so yes I have some time on my hands.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    First Glimpse at DeCastro

"It’s been a long time coming, but we finally got a good look at one of the most hyped guard prospects in years. David DeCastro played all 62 snaps for the Steelers in this game and played well for the most part. Though he did give up a sack, it was the lone play of pressure all game, despite 45 snaps in pass protection. He formed a formidable pairing with C Maurkice Pouncey as the center gave up just a lone hurry all game. The pair was also impressive run blocking, getting to the second level and moving players away from the point of attack, generating some creases for the Steelers running backs."

Sounds like anything but "subpar" for any O lineman, let alone a rookie making his first career start after pretty significant knee surgery.
    I thought DeCastro was pretty solid overall especially considering coming back from knee surgery..........If the Steelers OL stays healthy next year then I think the Steelers could have the makings of a pretty special OL next year.....I hope Starks is brought back to be the vet LT and his leadership is huge for the OL....Nobody talks about how good Starks has been the past two years.........DeCastro and Adams are the keys though so I want to see those kids beast next year.......Marcus Gilbert should be in the mix as well and some think he could play OG.....I don't know if Foster will be back next year...Hopefully Willie Colon isn't back....

Thread Information